Friday, July 23, 2010

Hello - July 23, 2010

Hey everyone!
Guess what?! VISA's came yesterday! 3 people in my district go their visa's yesterday but mine did not come. I was a little bummed, but I am glad they are finally coming through again. There had been like a 3 week drought for visa's so hopefully we will keep comin this next week. Pray that mine comes.
It is good to hear from you, Mom and Dad. I get all of your dearelder letters and they are good.
Dad, did your one hive of bees ever take a queen? and if you won't get honey this year, how will the bees survive this winter?
I don't remember who asked, but we have to stay on campus all the time, even on P-day's. I hear in the Brazil MTC we can leave campus and talk to native speakers on P-day. I can't wait to get down there.
I don't really know what to talk about. The weeks are all the same here and not much changes. Oh, Mom asked me how my prayer in Priesthood went. It was good, and my branch president said I have good Portuguese. (He is from Brazil). I only could say half of it in Portuguese and so it was half English because I wanted to say more than I knew how. But it went well. Um.. other things that have been going on... no GA's have come to speak to us. It has just been Ex-members of the 70 so far. Elder Oaks just listened to his daughter speak one day. That would be cool if an Apostle came and talked to us one of these times.
Class is going well and this is what we do in class, I think Dad asked: We have an hour of personal study time and an hour of companion study time and an hour of self-directed language study time. then when we aren't doing those, we have a teacher and we go over Preach my Gospel and do a little language. I wish we could spend more time learning language but it is usally only about 30 minutes out of the 2 hours the teachers are here. But oh well. I am in the middle of 3 nephi now. That is what I do during personal study time.
How is everyone at home doing? How are the moving plans going? Is everyone ready for the Clark's to leave? It's crazy that Bailey and Chad are actually leaving. What day are you taking off?
How are the Cummings? that is so weird that Leslie can already hang her legs out of that swing. It has only been 2 weeks! Pretty soon I will be getting letters from her haha. It sounds like she has already grown a ton since I've left.
I'm glad Miranda is doing Cross Country again. It is good for ya. I need to start running or something. I thought I wanted to get fat, but it is weird. I'm positive I have gained some weight here. I can grab a good handfull of fat now. I am going to weigh myself after I write this. How is the job search comin? Mom said something about a job in August? what is that about?
Abby, what are you up to lately? are you keeping the lawn mowed and lookin good? Are you going to do XC?
Well, I pray for all of you everyday. I miss you all. If you want, you can pray for me to learn the language better. I think I hit a wall or something, but I am going to bust through it this week and go crazy. I set some good goals to help me.
I love each of you and good luck in the moving and running and working and everything. Take care

Love,
Elder Robertson

No comments:

Post a Comment