Monday, October 18, 2010

Mission Field News 10-18-10

Hey family,Thank you Mom and Dad for your emails. I love hearing from you both.Thank you for the spiritual thoughts that you include in you emails,Mom. I love hearing those kinds of stories of how you strengthenedyour testimony. Thanks Dad for your testimony. It is always good tohear it. Your testimony strengthens mine.Things in Brasil are good. I had my first official baptism onsaturday. I am going to count 2 from OR because I taught both girlsfrom the beginning and gave them both the baptismal commitment. But,Satuday was the first baptismal service I went to on the mission. Itwas really good. HIs name is Nedo and he is 21. His little brothershad been baptized 3 months ago and I guess that made him interested.He is a really good kid and definately met the qualifications to bebaptized.His family is way cool as well. His little brother, Bruno, is 14 andhe is helping me learn Portuguese. I teach him a little english, andhe teaches me portuguese so it is a good trade.I hope the MM thing isn´t too annoying with all the emails. I knowthat Elder Blackhams mom is the queen of that site. I guess its apretty crazy bunch of women that get involved in that haha.How did Mindy do in XC this year? I have been thinking about her andher season a lot for some reason. I hope it was enjoyable. HeyMiranda, how about you write me an email and tell me what is goin onwitchu. I wanna know how the senior life for you is goin.Did Abby take her driving test yet? if so, how did it go? how was theparking? She should be pro pretty soon. Abby, you can write me anemail too. I want to hear how you like high school and the things youhave been doing lately..Well, I did buy a hammock last week and it is awesome. You guys canprobably have my bed because I think I might sleep in a rede from nowon. They are pretty comfortable. I also bought some soccer jerseys. Ihad to pick a team to like so I can have something to talk about withthe people, so I went and looked to see who had the coolest jerseysand made my choice that way. I think I picked a good one. GrĂªmio istheir name. The language is comin right along. I can understand mostpeople, now the trick is being able to just not think about what Iwant to say and just say it. instead of translating and then sayingit. I also need to learn more words. It will come with time though. Ican teach ok though.You asked if I need anything, and if you send me a package, just sendme some american candy or something. They don´t have any candy here.Actually, anything from America would be awesome. Any american thinghere is way expensive.I hope your week is good and I can~t wait to hear from you again nextweek. Thank you for your prayers and thoughts. You are all amazing andI love you so much.Love, Elder Robertson

No comments:

Post a Comment