Monday, October 11, 2010

Oct. 11, 2010

Oi! Bom dia família!It sounds like you have all been busy with life lately. That is great. That is sweet that you got pears and apples. I thought those trees would take a lot longer to get enough fruit to can. Sorry the garden didn´t work out very well this year. Did we still have a lot of salsa from years past that will last for another year? I miss our salsa. I don´t even know if they have salsa down here. That would be awesome if Mindy did that marathon. That is something that I probably would never do. When I was little I always wanted to, but I am just not a big enough stud to do it. Good luck Miranda! you can do it!!!That is scary that Abby is getting her license. I remember one time we were driving and we were in the middle of the intersection barely rolling and she couldn´t find the gas pedal haha. I am glad she has improved so much. I will probably forget how to drive by the time I get home. Watching the people drive here is fun and riding in taxis are always an adrenaline rush. It is pretty fun stuff. I hope Abby drives better than they do here. Well, this week was good till the end. We had this girl, Vanessa, marked for baptism and we were talkin to her every day and gettin her ready for the baptism on saturday, and she was excited and ready. She got interviewed by the district leader on Friday, and everything was good and she passed. So Saturday night comes and the baptism was supposed to be at 7 and 7 comes along and she isn´t there and Elder Blackham and I are just sittin outside waiting. Then 730 comes and we call a girl that is friends with her and she goes to her house to see what is up. A little bit later we get a phone call back that Vanessa´s dad had got way drunk and was blacking out and just going crazy. So we hear this and we take off and book it across town to talk to her. The chuch and her house are on opposite sides of the city so it was a long walk. So we walked way fast and I was just soaked from walking so fast and it was still hot, but her family was outside because the dad locked them out and left for the night and there mom was way upset, and Vanessa was sad and felt bad. Apperently the dad doesn´t want her to get baptized. He had been fine with us teaching and everything and never said anything, but that night he got drunk and stuff so she would´t be able to get baptized. She said she doesn´t know if she should get baptized now because she is afraid her dad will do something if she does. It is all messed up. So now we have to wait a little for everything to calm down and we will go talk to her dad about stuff. I hope he will let her.Anyway that was our week pretty much...I have heard that there is some controversy over Pres. Packers conference talk? what is goin´´ on? I loved that talk and I knew a lot of people wouldn´t like it... That was my favorite talk because it was so bold and true. Elder Blackhams mom wanted your email so I gave it to him. I hope that is ok. She will probably email you. I don´t know why exactly she wanted it, but I think she could answer some questions if you have any.The address to the mission office is:Elder Isaac RobertsonMissao Brazil TeresinaR. Tersandro Paz #2129 B. Piçarra Teresina, PI, 64015-015BrasilI don´t know if that is the same address you have, but that is where you should send things to me.. I sleep on a bed for right now, but I am going to by a hammock today I think. They are awesome. Everyone in this area sleeps in a hammock. It is pretty cool so I will give it a shot. Plus, beds are a lot hotter than a hammock. I love you all so much and I am so thankful for your support and the sacrifrices you are making to have me on a mission. Good luck with everything this next week in school, work, XC, driving... etc.. Eu amo vocês! TchauLove elder Robertson

No comments:

Post a Comment