Monday, December 13, 2010

Almost Christmas

Dearest family,
This past week was sooooooo much better. Tuesday me and my comp. got into a HUGE argument... the biggest one we have had so far. We got into an argument about where to go cause he wanted to skip an appointment. He has been doing all the planning by himself this whole time cause he is ´senior comp.´ So we argued and I told him that starting that night we are going to plan together and the next day we are goin to study the part in preach my gospel about companionship unity. (President told me to do that) He was mad at me and we just went and sat at this part member family´s house for 5 hours... It was boring, but they actually helped him somehow. When we left he apologized and I apologized and now we are finally planning together everyday and studying together everyday. That has made all the difference. We were happy with each other the whole week. I think we finally figured it out.

So this last week was great. We finally marked some baptisms with a couple investigators. And before I got here Elder Melo baptized this one girl and her little sister came up to us the other day and told us that she wants go get baptized now. So we will teach her. Yesterday we had a district conference. It was broadcast from Salt Lake to the northeast of Brazil. We heard from Elder Stanley Ellis (of the seventy), Sister Dalton, Elder Anderson, and President Uchtdorf. It was a good meeting. Elder Anderson knows Portuguese, but it must have been a long time since he has used it... He had a pretty bad accent.. haha.

Tomorrow I will be going to Teresina with the other 9 Elders in Parnaíba. Elder Mazzagardi came to our mission to do some training. He is in the second quorum of the seventy I think. He spoke in the last General Conference. I am excited to go down there. We will leave tomorrow afternoon and spend the night in Teresina, then we have meetings from 8 in the morning till 3 in the afternoon. It will be great. We will return late Wed. night.

I got a package last week!! It had some mike and ikes, starbursts, a tie, fruitsnacks, and some letters. It was awesome! Thank you so much! I am glad I got one. Maybe some more showed up in the last week or two to Teresina. But I loved the package. Oh, and I do have an oven for the muffins, but we don´t have muffin tins. I will make them into pancakes instead. I am exited for that.
So the food down here is the same every single day. Rice, beans, spaghetti noodles, and maybe some chicken. I like it. Sometimes the beans are gross, but I eat them anyway. I haven´t eaten anything way weird yet. The desserts are bad, but we don´t usually get dessert so that is good. I got a letter from Rachelle along with that package. It was the first letter I have gotten since I left the States. I got a letter from Bailey and Chad while I was in OR. I have only written a couple of letters here. I sent them home with Elder Harris more than a month ago, but I don´t know why he hasn´t sent them. He probably lost them or something. I will write some more and send them out soon.
It sounds like things are going great back home! I am sad that I won´t be home for Christmas, but I am very excited to call home! I don´t know exactly what will happen for the phone call, but I will figure it out. I hope you all have a good time getting ready for Christmas!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BAILEY!!! Para-bens pra você, Nesta data querido! Muito felizidades, Mais anos de vida!! That is the birthday song in portugues. I love you very much and I hope you have a great day today! Love ya!

I love you all very much. If I didn´t answer some questions just keep asking them. I try to remember, but I am pretty sure I forgot some... Sorry. But I love you and I will talk to you next week!!! WOO!!
Love, Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment