Monday, July 18, 2011

7.18.11

Querido Família,

This week was a little bit better. We worked a little bit more and I think things might pick up... who knows haha. There is only one more week of this transfer so we will see.

President called us on Thursday night to talk to my companion and the district leader. He told them to do an exchange. He told them to leave at 10 in the morning and to not go home until 9 at night and to give a report in their emails about what happened. I think that was a smart move. They at least worked in my area for the whole day. They didn´t find anyone new to teach because apparently all the contacts they did were with weird people haha. But I thought that was a good idea from President.

Then on Sunday, members brought 5 people to church. 2 girls didnt want anything to do with us and always turned their backs when we tried to talk or introduce other members to them. But another guy brought his friend with him. His name is Ebert. He is 14 years old. He liked church and after church and lunch, we went to his house to teach him about the restoration. It was a good lesson. It was good to teach again... haha. But it was good. He didn´t seem too interested in the first part of the lesson, but when I started to talk about Joseph Smith, he perked right up. It is always cool to teach the Restoration of the Gospel because EVERY time the Spirit just rushes in when we talk about Joseph Smith and the first vison. I think Ebert liked the story of Joseph because they have the same age and he could relate with the same questions and doubts. But anyway, we gave him a Book of Mormon and he said he will read and pray about it. He is a really good kid.

Yeah, so we do P-day a little differently here. Usually we wake up and play soccer at 8ish and then go back home and take showers and sit around. I clean my room and organize things around the house. Then we will usually go eat something for lunch and make something in the house and then take naps or do whatever in the house. My companion likes to use the internet more toward 4-5 oclock. I am fine with that. Today we didn´t play soccer, and we felt like using the internet earlier today.

Mom, my companion is from São Paulo. He has 1 year and 5 months more or less on the mission.


It sounds like your summer is going great. I was glad to see that picture of the sunset there. I was thinking that the sunsets here are just as pretty as the ones in Idaho, but I am wrong. I will try to send a picture of a sunset from Tiangua.

Mom, I think the package should get to me this week. President is doing a loop around the mission interviewing all the missionaries and he is coming here on Friday. So I should get it then if he doesnt forget to bring mail.

What are Paige and Brent up to lately? I havent heard anything from them for a long time. I guess they are still alive because I saw Brent in the picture you sent haha.

I love you all very very much! You are the best family. Thanks for the support and prayers!

Love Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment