Tuesday, July 5, 2011

7.4.11

Hello fam.

This last week was ok. No baptisms, and not much else either. I am getting sick of not doing anything, but, not much I can do being junior companion. I am learning a lot in all the time I have to study.

So here is some news... There is a city close by called Viçosa. Today at like 12ish, some people robbed a bank and ran away in all directions to the state of Piauí and to this town, Tianguá, and other surrounding areas. There are helicoptors flying circles around the city looking for the robbers. It is pretty crazy.

I really dont have much to say today because not much is going on lately. Elder Goodoy (of the seventy) is coming to the stake conference in Sobral coming up. That will be cool to hear from him. (Tianguá is part of the Sobral Stake.) I am guessing there will be a new stake president called.

All of the confusion is settled here. The elders still don´t like each other, but everyone is just quiet and mind their own business. Everyone is just waiting for a transfer. But I wouldn´t be surprised if another fight broke out here. The one crazy elder could snap at any minute. He is known for that. But as for now, it´s all good.

I am sad to be missing the fireworks today. I have been thinking about home lately. I love summer time there, especially the 4th of July. I ate a hamburger for lunch today and I will rock a red white and blue tie to celebrate down here. Its too bad that there won´t be fireworks.... But right now is a holiday season down here.. The catholics are worshiping the saints right now I guess, and people have big bon fires in front of their houses and people square dance. There was a big party on Friday night of professional square dancing and I got a little video and some pictures that I will try to send home. Their dresses and outfits are kinda neat. It started about a week ago, and will go to the end of July.

I don´t have any other news to tell ya.. I am glad the family reunion was good! I wish I could have been there. There isn´t a huge mosquito problem in Tinanguá... There are mosquitos here, but I had more of a problem in Sobral and Parnaiba than I do here. The mosquitos love to bite my ankles. They always go there for some reason. So I just simply put my sheet over my feet and they leave the rest of my body alone.

I hope you all have a great 4th of July!!! You are probably BBQin and swimming in the canal and all that fun stuff.. One more year and I will join ya! It is crazy that I have a year out here now... I still feel like I don´t know what I am doing and that I am one of the young guys still haha. I think I will feel that way till I come home. But, I love you all and I hope you have a great day and a fantastic week!!!

Love Isaac

1 comment: