Friday, August 6, 2010

One Month

Hey everyone!
There isn't any big news this week, but a couple things happened.... I was made district leader on Sunday. That will be interesting. I don't know what I am doing, so hopefully some training will come soon. My district has lost half of the people which is pretty sad so see them all go. We started with 13 and now we are done to 6. I guess that makes my job easier though.. haha.

So right after I clicked send to you last week, 3 visa's came through. (maybe mine will come when I send this email... haha) And one of those was for the previous district leader, so I replaced him. Both of my roommates got theirs so now it is just Elder Plewe and me in that room. It is way quiet now.. without Elder Brower and Elder Harris. They were fun kids to live with.

Whenever my visa comes I will be able to call home for about 5 minutes to tell you the news. So.. expect a phone call between now and the next 2 years.. When it comes I will try the house first then just go through all the cell phones.. hopefully someone will answer a phone.

Anyway... Thank you Dad, Mom, Abby, and Paige for the letters. I love hearing from all of you. I think about everyone often and I miss you all. I got a tiny bit homesick one night in the last week... but I am good now. I was just missing everyone but it is ok now.

ABBY!!! Congrats on hiking TABLE ROCK!!!! WOO!!! I never have done that but aparently you are tough if you hike it. That is way cool. It sounds like girls camp was fun for all. I never understood why girls camp is so much fun, but I'm glad you all enjoyed it.

Also, I didn't have to buy any books or scriptures. They gave all the language books and Portuguese scriptures to me right when I got here a month ago.

Holy cow, I can't believe it has been a month already! It has felt like a week. The days sometimes take forever to end, but the weeks just fly by. I am just about half way done at the MTC... WOW! I hope it is going fast for you all back at home too.

Portugeuse is starting to really pick up. I know the sentence structure pretty well and all the grammar, I just need to learn more verbs and nouns to start speaking what I want to. But I can speak like a pretty educated cave man right now. haha.. Tonight in class we are starting to speak 100% portuguese for the rest of the time here. If we speak English in class we have to go to the corner and do a wall sit while wearing a Dunce cap. It is going to be sweet. (our district made those rules by the way)

I'm glad Bailey and Chad made it to Philly alright. What are they going to do while they wait for school? Just tour? I would love to hear from them sometime to tell me how it is. So write me Clarks!

The temple was extra awesome today. I don't know why it was any more awesome than normal, but I just felt way good when I was in there.

Mom, I don't know if I need a care package.. I guess I could use some more casual socks for gym. and hangers. I can buy hangers but you could send them if you wanted. Redvines are always appreciated. They are great to snack on while I right in my journal and things. Just anything you want to send would be great...ties would be good too, but I don't need them. Just whatever you think...

Well... I'm running out of time. I love you all so much and I am very greatful that I have you as a family. For anyone that reads that blog or whatev I love you too. I miss you all and I am doing great. I love it here and am very excited to get to Brazil. It will be so sweet!

Eu te amo!
Love, Elder Robertson.

No comments:

Post a Comment