Friday, September 24, 2010

Exciting Visa news

I have some exciting news!!!!!!! I don't know if anyone called you or not, but... I got my VISA!!! I got called on friday afternoon that it came and I will be leaving tomorrow (Tues.) at 1030 in the morning! I don't know any details other than that haha. The zone leaders are pickin me up at 830 and taking me to the airport and then I am on my own I guess. I am a little nervous about that but it will all work out. Just keep me in your prayers as I travel.

I am a little sad that I am leaving Oregon. I started to really love the people here. We just set 2 baptismal dates with a 17 year old girl and another 19 year old girl. They were both just prepared for the lessons. I am sad that I will not be able to see their baptisms, but I am getting pictures with them to remember them. It is pretty exciting they are making that step in their lives.

The other family that we were teaching that were really close to baptism just pretty much gave up. They were doing well for a while, then at church the mom got offended and continues to take offence to really nothing at all. Apparently we were putting too much pressure on the kids to get baptized and the mom really didnt like that. They still come to church and set up appointments with us, but I am just not sure why. Hopefully they will soften their hearts again and start moving forward. That is the Martin family that I talked about last week.
Anyway, I don't have much time to email because I am going on a hike for my last day in America. We are going on a 10 mile hike to a waterfall and it should be really fun. I gotta get goin' but I will probably be able to email you in Brazil when I get there! I am so excited!!!!

I love you all so much! Keep me in your prayers please!

Love, Elder Robertson

No comments:

Post a Comment