Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Portland

Hey family!
I made it to Portland yesterday. It was pretty busy so that is why I wasn't able to e-mail home. I will start from the beginning of the day...

So I left the MTC at 8 and got to the airport sometime after that. I went through security and everything and there were no problems there. I was a little worried something would go wrong for some reason. Any way, I was sitting on the seats waiting to get on the plane and I talked to this guy for a good hour or more and we just talked about his family and religion and stuff. He was way cool and open to things. He used to live in Idaho Falls working at the Bon Marche or however you spell it. He had a great experience with the members there and he really likes Mormons. So I talked to him and found out he lives in Portland and so I got his number and name and I asked if I could send some other missionaries to his house and he said that would be fine. So that's exciting. 1 contact down... Then on the plane I sat next to a lady from just north of Portland who was a seventh day adventist. She had good things to say about the LDS church but didn't believe in Joseph Smith or that the Sabbath is on Sunday. But she knew a lot about our church and it seemed like she would have been more interested to learn more if her husband wasn't a preacher in their church. She was a way nice lady though. I bore a good testimony to her about Joseph Smith and I think she felt the Spirit. I did at least.

So then after the plane I went and met the president and he is so cool. He is doing some great things here. His wife is amazing and she took care of me. She got me some food and some bedding and things so I am good to go until other things come from home. She is a very caring lady. Their names are President and Sister Dykes. They are awesome. So, Mom, just in case you were wondering, I am being taken care of...

So after that I went with my companions to get to know my area a little. I am over 2 wards, the Damascus ward and I don't remember the other name... oops.. But I live in or close to Gresham Oregon. It is a lot of country and not many people. I went trackting last night and got doors slammed in our faces. One guy answered and said I'm a 7th day adventist and I ALREADY KNOW IT!! and slammed the door. I felt way bad because I hadn't ever been rejected before. The MTC is pretty easy to get into peoples homes.

Anyway, I don't ahve much time but my p-day is now on Mondays. I will let you know more about my experiences then. I love you all so much and I am so excited to be in Oregon. I love the people here already. It is great! You can email me now too because I have more time now. I love you all!!

Love, Elder Robertson

No comments:

Post a Comment