Friday, September 3, 2010

Last week in the MTC

I am way excited to go to Portland. I wonder if I will be speaking Spanish or English. I don't think there is a Portuguese mission there so I hope I will be able to keep up on it. Spanish would help I think.

I can't believe my time is up in the MTC already. I am happy to leave, but it will also be hard. I became pretty close to my district over the last 9 weeks. All 6 of us are going separate ways except for Elder Plewe and me. It is an exciting time though. Others got called to Orlando, Boston, Eugene Oregon, and San Jose, Cali. People in other disticts going to Brazil got reassigned as well. Some are going to the Billings, Montana mission. That is pretty neat. It would have been cool to go there. But maybe while I am in Portland I will see Mandy and Robert. I hope so.

What else... ... I am exited to not be companions with a girl anymore. I know why elder's and sisters can't be companions now, and I don't think it has anything to do with chastity haha. It is pretty frustrating at times. I'm sure it is for her as well though.

So, in the MTC I have learned how to really love someone. I have felt the love of God for others all around me. It is amazing that He knows everyone individually and loves them no matter what. That is the biggest thing I have learned. I have always known that, but being out here learning more about it, I have just gained a stronger testimony of that. I can't wait to get out in the world no matter where I am to help them remember that love and to bring them unto Christ. It is truly a marvolous work. I love it.

I love you all so much and thank you so much for the support and love. It means a lot to me. You are all amazing and the Lord will bless you for the way you are living your lives. Keep it up!

Love,
Elder Isaac Robertson

No comments:

Post a Comment