Monday, November 29, 2010

11-29-10 Another Week Flies By!

Dear fam,Well, to start off, I always have thought that Thanksgiving is the 3rd Thursday. I´m glad I could make you all laugh though! haha. I was set straight in district meeting because our zone leaders were there and he has an American calender and told me that is was on the 25th. So on Thursday I wished Elder Smoot happy thanksgiving and that was our celebration haha. So about my companion... He is from Salvador Brazil. He has the shortest fuse every and it is quick to light. He gets mad very very easily. I am always on thin ice with him. It makes it hard to do things the right way. I don´t want to just complain but here are some examples... Last p-day he wanted to watch Glory Road (the disney basketball movie) and that is against the rules so I just said, ´´If you call president and he says we can watch it, then I will´´ So that made him really mad at me and he swore at me in Portugues and didn´t talk to me for a 2 days. Then we waste a lot of time at this one house. One girl in the house has been baptized and the mom and 3 other girls haven´t been baptized, nor do they want to. But we go there EVERY SINGLE DAY. for a couple of hours. It is hard for me to feel good about that. I have said something about it to him that we can use our time in better ways, but he pulls the ´´I´m senior comp. and this is what we are doing´´card. So pretty much I just have to put up with stuff and I just study things when we are there. But on a good note, when he is happy, he is really fun to be around. He is pretty funny and stuff and I like him. I just have to pick my battles with him. I am learning patience. We have some investigators now. Only 3ish are progressing. But we are making progress from when I came here. I am sure we could do a better job at helping people progress, but that is another touchy subject. The people we teach are humble people and they just need a push to get goin´. The biggest problem we have for some reason everyone gets sick on Sunday. We go around to everyone we invited to church and they either don´t answer the door, or say they are sick. That is convient for them. haha it bugs me. But that is the culture here. They are too nice to say no so they accept all the comittments, but they don´t mean it. Its tough. I am glad that everyone is had a good Thanksgiving break. It sounded like a fun time! Did you go and cut trees with the Johnsons? We have a little tree in our house here. It is a fake one, about a foot tall. It is pretty awesome though haha. I hope Elder harris sends that letter soon! It had some good stuff in there. I was hoping it would have gotten there for Mom´s birthday because I wrote a letter to her for her birthday. Oh well. You all sound great and I am blessed to have a family like you. I got an email from Bailey and Chad which was great. How are Paige, Brent, and Leslie? How is school for Brent? and Paige, what do you do all day with Leslie? Email me! :)I love you all very very much and I hope you all have a great holiday season!Love, Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment