Monday, November 15, 2010

Nov. 8, 2010

This week was a good one. We had zone conference on Friday. That was really good. Pres. Dias is a really good guy. It was good to hear from him. He and his wife came here and gave us some training for most of the day. Sis. Dias is CRAZY! haha she is so full of energy and way happy. For her training part of the conference she got out some portable stove things and showed us how to cook chicken and rice in 20 minutes. She is worried we are not eating healthy in our apartments. (She is right.) But she put on a little cooking show for us. She could be the next food network star haha. Another thing that happened was we were teaching Fernando on Sat. and a while ago we had marked him to be baptized on the 20th of Nov. So we were teaching and at the end we asked if he felt prepared now and he explained that he had been talking to his wife and praying and that he feels prepared!! It was so cool. I was looked at his wife while he was talkng to us and she just had the biggest smile on her face. She was baptized in 2003 but has been inactive until now. She still has a testimony and seeing her husband go through this conversion process has really made her happy again. It makes me happy to see this family happy together.Dad, about the language... I am able to follow the conversations and understand just about everything. I am still a way slow speaker because I have to still think about the conjucations in my head, but I can understand a lot. I am the exact same as you were on your mission. Not too long ago I could follow the conversation for a little, but then I would get lost and then just sit there and think about something totally different. I am doing better now and I can understand pretty much everything. The next step is being able to just talk instead of thinking and talking. I haven´t received any packages yet. If you sent it 3-4 weeks ago it should be close to here. It will probably come before the next time I get mail. We get mail everytime someone goes to Teresina (like my comp. for leadership training) or when someone comes from Teresina (like a transfer or the President) So the next time will probably transfers which are this week. And if it doesn´t come this week, then maybe the first of Dec. it will come. Did you guys get a letter from me? I sent a letter home with Elder Harris with a letter for mom, and a short one for Mindy and Abby with some presents for them that I bought. For the Christmas phone call I have heard that I will set up a time for you to call me. Elder Blackham said that usually we just go to a pay phone and call home the day before Christmas for like 2 minutes and set up a time for you to call that number on Christmas day. It would make sense to go to the church and use a phone there, but I don´t think the church here in Sobral have phones. But I might be transferred by christmas though.That is exciting about Sam! I am exited for him. That would be a way cool mission. I am glad he can teach our family over there! Thank you for praying for me and for lovin´ me. I love you all so much. Especially you Mom! Happy Birthday tomorrow!!!! I hope it is a great one for you and that your students will behave for you on your day! I love you!!Love Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment