Monday, November 22, 2010

Transfered

Hey everyone,
Well, I got transferred. I kind of thought that I was going to. So the call came on last Monday night so I have been in Parnaíba for a week now. Parnaíba is up north in the state of Piauí. It is about a half hour from the coast. It is a lot cooler here temperture wise. There is a cool breeze from the ocean that is here all the time. It is still very hot though, but a lot cooler than Sobral. My new companion is Elder Melo. He is from Salvador, Brazil. It has already been a test of patience in this first week.
I got here on Tuesday night so Wed. was my first day working. I found out that we have no progressing investigators, not really any potential investigators, and before I got here they would spend a lot of time at a recent converts house and just talk. Not all day, but a lot of the day. So, I came and I don´t think my comp. likes me right now cause I want to work and he thinks that just being out of the house is working. So we got in a little argument about how to use our time and other things. Once we get used to each other it will be good. He is a really cool kid, its just the Brazilian culture to do the work the way he does. I have noticed that some brazilians just like to make friends on the mission and hang out with them during the day. It is going good though. We already have some good numbers and we taught a ton of lessons. We found 24 new potentials and we are gettin busy. It is hard though cause I still don´t know perfect portuguese and I am the junior comp, so I just have to put up with some things and do my best..... There is another American who lives in the same house as me, so we will keep each other sane. I am very happy to be in Parnaíba though. It is a good place to be.
I didn´t do anything for Thanksgiving. I didn´t even realize it was thanksgiving until it was about time for bed on Thursday night. Friday morning I asked Elder Smoot (the american) if yesterday was thanksgiving and we both weren´t reallly sure, but decided that it was haha. So, no I didn´t do anything for thanksgiving.
So it it pretty weird to see that it snowed in Idaho. I can´t even imagine that right now haha. I am not missing the snow at all. I am lovin´ the heat. Do you think you will get a lot of snow this year? How was everyone´s Thanksgiving? I love Thanksgiving time. It is one of my favorite holidays. Did you do anything fun besides get together and eat?
Did you ever get my letter that I sent home with elder harris? I wonder if he ever sent it... I hope he did. I still haven´t received any letters or packages. I hope they come soon. Speaking of which, whenever you feel like putting together another package, you can include a journal because I will fill the one that I have probably by the time I get to the year mark or sooner. So don´t feel rushed to send another package because I imagine it is expensive. I also need some more Lamisil for my feet. And feel free to edit that part out of this letter if you are still puttin them on the internet haha. I am cured of athletes foot now, but it took the whole bottle that I had.
I love you all and I am glad you had a good holiday. Congrats, Miranda, on your 4.0!! and Abby, driving in the snow is not scary, it´s fun! Good luck on getting your license when you take the test! I love you all very much and I hope you all have a great week!
Love, Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment