Monday, April 18, 2011

4.18.11

Good morning family!

This last week was alright. No baptisms :( but we were able to get some inactive people to church and they renewed their baptismal covenent through the sacrament, so that was great!


The family that I talked about last week dropped us too!. I don´t know why! We showed up at their house and the dad came out and said, we are just happy with our religion right now and we are pretty busy to keep inviting you guys over. But when we get an opprotunity we will make a visit in your church somday........ ugh. That is the nice way to say ´no´. I really really really want to find a family that will be baptized. I am going to find like 10 families this week to teach.

Our other investigators are good though. One girl should be baptized this coming saturday, and we are also teaching a lady named Conceição. If you remember Giovani (a recent convert that was baptized in Feb), Conceição is his aunt... kind of. But she is like 60+ years old and was really catholic. But the other day she told us that she is forgetting to say her ´catholic prayers´ and reads the Book of Mormon instead, or one of the little pamphlets we give to her. She is really great to talk to and understands everything we teach. She is a little nervous to commit to baptism, but it will come with a little more preparation. She is awesome.

We are also teaching a guy named Marcio. He is 34 and was doing really really well. He smoked and would drink coffee everyday, but he quit right when we taught him the word of wisdom. He was understanding everything and progressing really really well. But last week he missed church so we had to move his baptism to next week. but then yesterday he missed church too! We think he is hiding something from us and the guy he works with said that he may have a problem with drugs.... He runs away on Sunday so when we show up or a member goes to get him, he is gone. I am praying for some revelation on what to do with this guy.

The baptism is your ward there sounded really special! That was great to read. The gospel really does have the answers to all problems. I am glad that Gene is so excited to get married in the temple. That will be a really special day for the entire family!

My interview was really good. I learned a lot. President Dias is a really good guy. He tells me stuff, and then uses a scripture and applies it to me and I always thing, ´hm, i never thought of that scripture that way before` he is just really smart and knows the scriptures really well. He is definately inspired by the Spirit.

Mom, I don´t know if the phone call will work out like on Christmas. I don´t know any details yet, and I could be in a different city by then so I am not exactly sure how it will work out. But, I will be able to call and I will make sure we all get to talk. And unfortunately, we are not allowed to use skype. I have heard of other missions using it now, but in this mission we will just be calling.

Dad, when it rains here, it RAINS. The streets flood in like 5 minutes of rain and it just rains hard. This last week has been really rainy. It always rains right after lunch, and then at like 7 at night. The rain is really cool here though... You can see just a wall of water coming down the street and then all of the sudden it hits you and you are soaked instantly. Its not too fun to be soaked, but i think it is really cool to see the rain comin.

>p> I don´t eat sushi ever. That was just a one night thing. We just went there to try the experience. I liked it a lot, and my companion hated it. haha he still complains today about the sweet and sour taste. But sushi is not an everyday thing. on the topic of food, I think a guy is going to make us alligator. That will be awesome.

Mom, I feel safe here. There are times when missionaries will be robbed, but you don´t need to worry. Missionaries just need to be smart. I don´t carry my wallet or camera with me except on p-day. I just carry like 5-10 bucks just in case so i have something to give the guy... but don´t worry. As long as people are in their house at the right time and walk in public areas everything is good.

Well, I should wrap this up... in the spirit of Easter... I know that Jesus lives. He is risen! I have a strong testimony of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. He suffered for our sins in Gethsemene and died for us on the cross. He was ressurrected and completed the atonement. He triumphed over physical death, and spiritual death. I know that through Christ, we can all make the great return to our heavenly home!

this is a cool thing i learned the other day... Adam chose spiritual death to bring mortal life. Christ chose mortal death to bring spiritual life. I thought that was really neat...

I love you all very much! you are the best family in the world! Love isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment