Monday, April 4, 2011

Conference Week 4.4.11

Hey fam, This last week was way good. I especially liked conference. Elder Cook´s talk was great I thought about women. It made me think of you, Mom, and my sisters and how great you all are. I also really liked Elder Oaks talk about desire. I need to do some adjusting and think about what I really desire and make the right changes. I don´t remember who it was, I think it was Elder Christofferson, but he gave a talk about the gardener and how he cut down that bush. Some times I feel too stubborn to be chastised and allow God to cut me down so I can become what I need to be. I actually loved all of the talks. They were all perfect for me to hear. They were all awesome. We baptized Mariana yesterday after conference. Her older brother is a member and she just moved into the ward to live with her brother and aunt and so we taught her everyday and she prayed and gained a testimony and was baptized yesterday. It is probably the fastest baptism you could ever have here. There is a rule that investigators have to go to church twice before baptism, and we were introduced to her for the first time last Sunday at church and then she went to the sessions of Conference and was baptized. It was a one week deal. haha, that was pretty cool. But we made sure that she learned everything and really had a testimony. Her cousins and brother helped out a TON. I did an exchange with Elder Vitor (my zone leader) and it was great! It is the second time I have worked with him and it was amazing. He is full of the Spirit and really knows how to be a missionary and how to teach with love and the Spirit. We found a great new family that I have very high hopes for. We were talking to them and the dad of the family said, ´I don´t know why I let you two in to my house....but I thank God for it. I know you are a blessing.`.... so that was WAY sweet. I am excited to teach them. The other family that I talked about last week dropped us. We went back last Tuesday and the wife said that she did everything we told her about prayer and how she would get an answer. She said she prayed and got a very strong feeling that she couldn´t explain. She knew what she prayed for was true. The problem is that she prayed if HER church was true. She thanked us for helping strengthen her testimony about her church.... Elder Donizeti and I were both speachless. I had no idea what to say. I think we just kinda smiled and said ´OK´....and left.. haha. These kind of things are part of it though... Mom, for exercise my companion sleeps and I do some pushups and jump rope and i dunno, just whatever I feel like. I am not too diligent in exercising, but i do them about 3 times a week. I am not gaining or loosing weight. Well, when I first got here I lost like 10 pounds but that was all the weight from my time in the MTC and in Oregon when I was very wel fed. But since I have dropped 10 pounds I am at a steady 160 lbs. You new car looks cool. Do you like it? I bet it is better than the Durango. It probably won´t be as fun to drive in the snow though. I am glad you all had a great spring break. The places you went looked fun. I have been to Shonone falls once. I stopped there with my basketball team when I was a sophmore. They are pretty impressive. Let me know who wins the basketball tournament. And I am happy the bulls are doing so well. You should record them in the finals so I can watch them win. Thank you all for being so great! I love you so much. I pray for you every day. Thank you for the pictures. I will try to send you some pictures after this one... I love you!!! Love Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment