Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter 4.25.11

Dear Family.

This last week was pretty good. We had a baptism. Lana was baptized. She is 13 years old and is really good friends with Prescila, who was baptized about a month ago. Prescila always invited her to go to church and seminary with her. Lana goes every week and never misses an activity. She is pretty funny too. We were teaching her about President Monson and how he is the actual prophet today and she was like, WHAT? Joseph Smith died?! haha. We explained it all out to her. Then we were getting her ready for the baptismal interview and she just seemed really nervous about the questions. We asked her what the problem was and she asked, if I get one wrong, I wont be able to be baptized right? and we said yeah, but you know them, then she was like `but i don´t know my mom´s birthday!` haha cause she saw a part of Prescila´s interview where they were filling out the member record and it asks for the mom´s birthday. Haha we had to explain that those kind of questions don´t matter for the baptism. She is little blonde... ha

But other than that, the week was good. Our investigators are all progressing well except for Marcio. He hides from us on Sunday so he hasn´t gone to church yet. Then Zezinho (an awesome member that Marcio works for) found out that he is smoking marijuana. ugh... We will talk to him this week and explain that he needs to be honest with us so he can be baptized.

Easter was really good. Here it is a 4 day thing. The holiday starts on Thursday, well Monday really, but everything closes on Thursday. People just go to the beach or stay home in their house. They eat fish all week and so I ate a lot of fish. Friday is the big day of the holiday where they celebrate the crucifixion. There was a parade thing with actors and they acted out the last day of Christ´s mortal life. Me and my comp. saw part of it. It was a little weird... and they have chocolate easter eggs and the easter bunny and all of that ´worldly´ stuff.

Transferrs are next monday. It should be a big transfer because a lot of new missionaries are showing up. We have 100 missionaries right now in this mission, but it is growing. There have been some wards that divided and some districts that are almost stakes and wards that are close to dividing. So we have some wards and branches with 4 missionaries and we are trying to get a lot done. The mission goal for 2011 is to have 1440 baptisms this year. It is a lot of work, but is definately possible if people focus on their purpose.

I don´t know if I will stay in Parnaíba or not. I have been here for like 5 and a half months now... I have heard that the record for a missionary in one area is a year.. so I still have a ways to go haha. I really like Parnaíba and I will keep workin hard here.

It sounds like your holiday was good. It is good to hear that Dave is back home. He would be a good bishop. I am excited to hear who will be the bishop there.

I am glad that spring showed up there finally haha. Is it still freezing at night? Is it still snowing or has it stopped for the year? It is still rainy here. They say April is the month with the most rain here in Parnaíba.

Mom, I don´t know what I want or need in a package. I guess white shirts... 15 1/2 is the size. And maybe some more pants if they aren´t expensive... 32/32. umm... the latest ensigns... feb. mar. april. and may... I like those a lot. I guess ties too.. those are always good. Sometimes we need to give them away to new converts that don´t have church clothes. If you send ties, don´t send red ones. Whenever I wear a red tie, EVERYONE comments on how red my skin is. they always ask, did you put sun block on today? ´yes i did, it is just hot today.´´ But it is only when i wear a red tie. anyway... I guess just candy.. that is always good. I don´t really have much that I want or need... but thanks for wanting to send me a package! I appreiciate them!

Abby, I forgot to write in my last email HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! i didn´t forget your birthday. I hope your day was great! did you have a date with anyone!!?? 16 is pretty fun. I hope you have a great year! I love ya!

I love you all very very much! I hope everything goes well for you all in school, ISATs, bees, and anything else that you guys are up to. I love you!

Love Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment