Monday, June 27, 2011

6.27.11 The Conclusion

Hey family..

To start off, I am still in Tianguá.

This is what happened... So Monday night we were supposed to travel to Teresina to go do some interviews with President on Tuesday. It turns out that we have an awesome bishop here and he said he was just laying in bed at like 11 (our bus was supposed to leave at 12) and he called up President Dias and asked permission to talk to us. President let him come over to our house and gave the bishop the mission president keys over the phone. So, the Bishop showed up at our house at 11ish. I was cleaning the house because I didn´t know if we would be coming back, and the other Elders were finishing up packing their bags. But the bishop told us to stop everything and get in our sunday clothes and to go to our `living room` (if you could call it that).

He talked to us about forgivness and repentence and everything. It was really good and the Spirit was felt. I liked what he said a lot. He used our own methods and lessons to teach us... He said, 10 years ago, when you guys were teaching me, you told me all about faith, repentence, staying strong even when things are tough... I was just thinking to myself that it is pretty ridiculous that all this drama happened in the first place. I never imagined that this kind of thing would happen on a mission. Before my mission I always thought the missionaries were perfect haha.

Anyway, the bishop gave a really good message or talk or whatever you want to call it, and at the end he asked us one by one to ask the other elders for forgivness and to start the repentence process and to forget what happened in the past and that everyday we need to start over with a fresh slate. So that was really good. He saved 3 missionaries from going home that day I think. The other three elders were packing their bags to go home and there was a lot of talk that they were going to ask president in their interviews to go home. But, after the Bishop´s visit, everyone agreed to stay on the mission and in Tianguá. The bishop called President Dias and explained that we were going to stay and everything was good.

There is still a tiny bit of contention in the house, but everyone seems to be doing good now for the most part.

So, other than that, the lady I told you about last week that decided to get baptized would have been baptized yesterday, but her husband is traveling, and so we are just waiting for him to get back, and we will baptize her on the first day that we have a chance. She was interviewed on Friday and cleared for baptism. It is an exciting time for them right now.

Mom, thank you for your email. It was good for me to read. I am greatful to have you for a mom!

I don´t know exactly what I should say for the reunion... So I will just tell ya a little personal revelation that I had this week and then bare my testimony... and I hope that will be good.

So I have been listening to talks from General Authorities and Apostles, and I listened to a talk given by President Eyring called `Always´. He talked about praying always, and the sacramental prayers where we promise to take His name upon us, keep the commandments, and always remember Him, that we may always having the Spirit with us. Then I listened to a talk by Elder Holland about how a lot of the time, and almost always, Satan will tempt you and try even harder to get you, AFTER a spiritual experience. So, listening to these two talks, I came to the conclusion... The Holy Ghost is vital for me to have. I can´t go very far with out the companionship of the Spirit in my life. As I keep my covenents, and keep the commandments, and always remember Him, there is no way that Satan can have any power over me...because I will always have the Spirit with me. So I can have these spiritual experiences, and when Satan comes with his attacks before and after, I will be ready because I will be doing what is right and I will have the power and gift of the Holy Ghost to overcome those temptations. All of this reminded me of the talk by Elder Richard G. Scott from the November 2010 General Conference. I won´t talk about it, but I would recommend everyone to read that talk.

I know that God is our loving Heavenly Father. It is amazing to see how many blessings I have in my life. I know that these blessings come because of obidience to the commandements, and because Heavenly Father loves me. I know that Christ is the Savior of the world. I have a very strong testimony of His Atonement. I know that the power of the atonement is real. I know that we can use the Atonement for everything in our lives, because it really is infinate. I know that Joseph Smith was called of God to restore Christ´s church on the earth for the last time. I know the Book of Mormon is true. I know that Thomas S. Monson is a true and living prophet of God. There is safety in following the prophet. I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the only true church on the earth. The Gospel is true!

I love you all very very very much! I hope you have a great week!!!

Love Isaac

PS... a member told me yesterday that gay marriages are legal in all of the united states now... is that true?

No comments:

Post a Comment