Sunday, June 12, 2011

6.6.11

Hey fam!

Well the week went alright. We had a great baptism of José Maria. It was a great day for him and his family. We did the baptism at a resevor area close to town. I will send pictures if the computor will let me. But his wife was so happy and I am happy for them. I am glad that he took to first step toward the temple. Now he and his family can enjoy the great blessings of a temple marriage and everything that has to offer. I am excited for them!

Another investigator (Thiago) is progressing really well. He ALWAYS has so many questions about things he has heard or is curious about. It is good though that he is so curious about our beleifs and stuff. In our last visit he was having a hard time understanding why we do baptisms for the dead. We had a good discussion about how God wouldn´t punish those who haven´t ever had the opprotunity to hear the gospel and accept to be baptised. We explained that God loves ALL of his children and that he wouldn´t hold back the blessings of baptism for only a small few. It was good and he accepted it. But another thing that happened with him was yesterday at church he got up and bore his testimony!. it was very spiritual. I will translate what he said for ya: ´´When I moved here to Tiangua, I didn´t know what I was doing. I knew that there was something that I needed here. I have always been religious and have looked for the right church. I never knew which one to follow because they all teach things so differently. But then I met the missionaries and they started to teach me about this church and it all seemed right, but I was having difficulties accepting the Book of Mormon. They always told me to pray about it and I was waiting for the right time to do it. Then one night I prayed to know if the Book of Mormon is true, and I got an answer. I know that the Book of Mormon is a true book. ´´... It was so good. He will be baptized soon.. I don´t know when because he is living with a girl that he thinks he wants to marry, but she is just 15 and he is 22. We are going to try to separate them from the same house and get him on a mission and then when he gets back, she will be 18 or 19 and then marriage is a little bit easier. Those are my thoughts anyway.

I am doing really great down here. I love everything. The other night I was having a tough time just thinking about what I am doin down here because sometimes it feels just like a big waste of time, but then I just said a prayer and laid it all out for Heavenly Father and I had a feeling of comfort and peace. So, I guess I am doing the right thing out here haha. Sometimes I just get a little homesick or get tired of being a missionary, but I know that Heavenly Father is lookin out for me and He knows me. So with Him, I can get through it all. But I am doing great.

My portugues is improving a lot. I live with 3 brazilians, I don´t know if I told you that already. So I don´t speak a word of English ever. It is really good for me. It is a little tough here for the people to understand me... I don´t know why. maybe I picked up a parnaibian accent. It is weird here because states right next to each other have different accents. But I think with a little more time they will understand me as I get used to they way they talk here. Sometimes its hard for me to understand them too.. haha.

Oh, some awesome news that I got today... Elder Bednar will be coming to this mission in November! I am excited for that. I guess he has something to tell me haha. I got to hear him in Portland while I was there if you remember. I like him a lot too. He is one of my favorite apostles. It will be a huge blessing to have him visit our mission.

Well, it sounds like your trip is going great. a lot of driving... but it sounds like fun. Tell kyle congrats for me if you get the chance. Im sure the sealing was wonderful. Be sure to take a lot of pictures on your trip and send me a couple.

Hey, it has been a while since I have heard from Paige, Brent, and Leslie. Tell them to write me an update or something. Also, Bailey and Chad. I want to see what Bailey looks like now and an update on what they are doing. Chad should be done with school for the summer right? did he have a good year?

Well, I better get goin... I love you guys a ton! Be safe!

Love, Isaac

ps... Dad, my mission is flying by for me. I will be out for 11 months tomorrow! crazy. you can almost start the count down... (i know mom already has.. haha) love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment