Tuesday, August 23, 2011

8.22.11

ola!

This week was pretty good! Chagas was baptized! He is 19 years old so now he needs to start preparing for a mission. He is a great kid and is pretty funny. He didn´t want to wear the white jumpsuit for the baptism. When he showed up to the church I gave him the clothes and he just set them down... A little later I showed him the bathroom so he could change and gave him the clothes again. He just stood there smiling haha. Then I asked if there was a problem or something.. and he just laughed and said he was embarrassed to wear the jumpsuit ha. So I told him that every member wore the exact same type of clothes for their baptisms and that no one will laugh... but he still wouldn´t put on the clothes haha. So I told Elder Cunha to run to our house and grab my white pants and shirt so he could wear those. He liked that idea better... It was funny to me because he is way shy and he just stood there smiling without saying anything... But, in the end he was baptized in white clothes so its all good.

In other news... Denis went to church and loved it. He is a great guy. He will be baptized on the 3rd. He is progressing so well. Also Leila, his ´wife´ will be bapitized this coming sunday after stake conference in Sobral. They are separated for right now and living in different houses so we decided to baptize them both now and then get them married.. .if they want. Leila isn´t a big fan of Denis right now because she still thinks he drinks and stuff... I hope she can forgive him and see the change in his life because they have a little 2 year old that needs the support from 2 parents. I think it would be very unfortunate for him to be raised by parents who aren´t married or separated.

It sounds like the race Dad did was fun! I hope his feet stop hurting though. Elder Sessions and I are going to start running in the morning... maybe. He did cross country in high school too and so he likes to run. We will see if he can motivate me in the morning though haha.

I haven´t gotten any letters yet from Paige. . I will see President Dias this week at the Stake Conference so maybe he will bring some letters. I hope so.

I sent a letter to Jesse Grandpa this week. I hope it gets to him in time for his birthday. I don´t know how long it takes to get to you guys there from Brazil. But, let them know that they should expect a letter from me.

Mom and Dad! I hope you have a great anniversary in 2 days! I am so happy that you two married in the temple and that you keep all your covenants! How many years is it now? I love you both so much and I will think about you a little more on the 24th.

I hope that everyone´s week is great! I love you all!

Love Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment