Wednesday, August 31, 2011

8.29.11 Stake Conference

Oi família!

This week was a great one! Things are going great here in Brazil. To start out, Leila was baptized yesterday night after stake conference! She was having a lot of problems in her life finacially and with her ´husband´ Denis, another investigator. She had separated from him and was having a real tough time. I think that all of her problems won´t be completely solved because she got baptized, but I know that she will be able to deal with them better and she will have the strength to bare the burden. Denis will be baptized this coming Saturday. He has really progressed. He changed his life 180 degrees. I love seeing the change he made. I think when Leila sees that he repented and is giving it his best to be a good husband and father, she will give him another chance and hopefully they can get married. That Elder Ferreira and my plan anyway.

So yesterday was stake conference in Sobral. It was a great day. We left Tianguá at 730 in the morning and got to sobral at 9. The church payed for a bus for everyone. It was packed and I had to stand up the whole way there and back. But thats alright. The speakers at stake conference were the stake president, Sister Dias, President Dias, and Elder Godoy of the 70. It was a great meeting. Elder Godoy is the man. His talk was about an hour long, but it seemed like 5 minutes. He talked to the youth about dating, and to the parents about loving each other and expressing their love, and then he spok to everyone about sharing the gospel. It was a great talk. He said that the most important calling a guy can have is to care for his wife. He said, well what about being a good dad? He responded that his kids won´t be happy if their mom isn´t with them for eternity. And so the most important thing is to love and care for his wife. I thought that was a good thought.

It was also way good to go back to Sobral, because that is where I started here in Brazil. I saw Neto, my first baptism. I almost cried haha. It was so good to see that he was still going to church and he was sustained to receive the Melchezidek Priesthood! Some other members of that ward complemented me that I finally learned Portuguese too haha. The first question people asked is `How is your Portuguese?` haha I just said, `Alot better.´ ha. but it made me think of the day that I will be able to see all of the people I helped prepare for baptism maybe durning this life, but probably after and I am just thinking that I will be the happiest guy to see them in the Celestial Kingdom if I do my part and they do theirs.

Also, we had 6 invesigators there. That was awesome. It isn´t the standard of excelence for the mission, but I am way happy about that.

Oh, and there weren´t any changes in the Stake Presidency here.

My companion is funny. He gets really mad, really easy. Not at me. We don´t fight, just if one tiny thing goes wrong, he kinda freaks out haha. for example, he paid for an activity with his money and the bishops counselor didn´t pay him right away, so yesterday and this morning he was saying that he was going to call the stake president to get this guy released and he was just complaining and was really mad. it was funny. I was just like, hey man, relax... he is gonna pay you back haha. He didn´t like that too much so I left. But then the councelor showed up at our apartment 5 minutes later with the money and then my comp was happy.

Anyway, I am doing great! I love it down here. There could be a transfer here today or next week. I don´t really know. People went home today, but the transfer doesn´t end til next week.. so who knows. President is opening 2 areas in the mission that haven´t ever had missionaries in there before. I think it would be cool to go to one of them. I don´t know if I could open an area too well, but it would be pretty cool I think. But I love it here in Tianguá and things are going really great here so I don´t really wanna be transferred.

How is Bailey doing? and Paige? I hope everything goes great for them both, especiallly Bailey this coming month.. I am excited to see a picture of him! Oh, a kid showed me a baby that was born like 2 weeks ago in sobral. It looked like a frog and it was a really creepy looking baby. I guess them mom took medice to abort the baby but it didn´t work and he was born really really ugly and only lived for 3 days. So the moral of the story is don´t take abortion medicine. That is my advice to Paige and Bailey. haha

I love you all very very much and thanks so much for all you for me!! Até proximo!

Love Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment