Monday, September 12, 2011

9.12.11

Good morning family!

This was a good week. We had another baptism. Alexandra is her name. Her older sister was baptized 16 years ago and they were living in Fortaleza and moved here a month ago. Her older sister took her to church and we started to teach her. She already wanted to be baptized and she is a really smart girl so she understood everything we taught way fast. She was just ready to be baptized I guess haha. I am way happy for her.

Wednesday was a holiday here. It was Independence Day. It was nothing like the 4th of July there in the states... Haha. I think I was more patriotic than all of the Brazilians, and it is their holiday. There isn´t much patriotism here. I think maybe it is just because they got independence from Portugal really easily. From what people tell me is people came here, and the Portuguese didn´t have any problem with that. So they started Brasil. The way people celebrate Independence Day is just like any other holiday. Don´t go to work, and drink away.haha.

We did a service project on Wednesday for a member here. We painted his house for him. It was a job. and really really messy. The paint he used is a powder, and you mix it with water and in the end it is really really watery. I was covered in it. But, it comes out of clothes really easily because when it dries it turns back into powder. It looks really bad on walls too, but I guess it is cheap so whatever. I was glad to help him out. We painted his house in 4 hours. I will send pictures next week. (I forgot my cord from the camera to the computer in our apartment.)

I gave a talk in church yesterday. I talked about Prayer. I only had to talk for 7 minutes so that was really easy. I guess it went well. No one said anything after, so they either didn´t understand me or they didn´t like it haha.

I got some letters this week! I got the one from Paige, that had a picture of Leslie in it. And I got the FHE activity you guys did. My companion liked guessing too. haha.. He didn´t do too well.. haha. And I got the letters from Grandma from the family reunion. You can post on Myfamily that I say thanks a lot and that I love you all! Also, thanks to Paige for the letter and picture. I wrote back already and I will get it in the mail. I will wirte some more letters to everyone, but I haven´t had time yet to get them all written.

It sounds like the honey harvest went well! I liked the pictures. It looks really good. The honey here in Brazil doesn´t have a very strong flavor. They have bees here, but there are two types of honey here. From bees, and from sugar cane I guess. It isn´t honey, but it is really similar I guess.

Thanks, Mom, for sharing your thoughts from Sacrament meeting. I liked the definition of joy. I can testify that that is true. I am finding some of the greatest joy in my life out here. I love it so much. Sometimes I don´t want to think about going home haha. It is really good to be a missionary.

To answer your questions. The new areas are Caixias, and Araguaína, both in Maranhão. The furthest south is I think Araguaína now. It is clear on the western edge of the mission kinda in the corner. I am still in Tianguá. I don´t think there were any transferrs last week. I think he did them all two weeks ago.

Oh, and I went to the fair once just to walk around with my friends when I was in college. It wasn´t that cool I thought haha.

Dad, good luck on the new semester and ward! I am sure you will love it. What apartments are in your ward again?

I love you all! I hope you have a great week!

Love Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment