Monday, September 19, 2011

9.19.11 email and pictures


Hey everyone!

This week was a good one. We had another baptism. Her name is Natalia and she is Hébert´s aunt. We started to teach her after Hébert got baptized because she felt the spirit very strongly at his baptism and wanted to learn more. She is not way smart, haha, but she is humble and I it made me happy to see her get baptized. We are working on Hébert´s parents now. His mom should be baptized soon. She is ready and goes to church every week, the only problem is that her ´husband´ doesn´t want to get married. I think she will have to separate from him :(... but that is better to do than to continue breaking the commandments. Elder Godoy said once that it is better to feel the pain for a couple of months than for eternity. We will see what happens.

So the baptism was supposed to be on Saturday. The other Elders went to the church in the morning to turn on the water to the font so it would be already for the baptism. (they had one too). But after a little the relief society went to clean the church and turned off the water to the font. We went to check on the water at noon to see how things were going and the relief society presdident told us she turned the water off to clean the church because apparently the only place water was leaving waas from the font. So she cleaned a little and then the water in Tianguá shut off for some reason. The font wasn´t even close to being full. So we had to wait at the church all day to know when the baptism was going to be (depending if the water came back on) It came back on at 7ish which didn´t give any time to fill the font. So elder cunha and I went back to the church at 1130 at night to fill the font during the night to do the baptism in the morning before church. We called the bishop in the morning if he could be there or one of his councelors and he told us to wait until after church to do the baptism. Some times it seems like the members don´t like to have baptisms here haha.

But anyway, things are going really great down here. We are having a lot of sucess right now. Miracles happen when both the missionsaries in the companionship want to work. my comp and I get a long pretty well. He still gets really mad really easy and it is still really funny. Elder Cunha and I like to push his buttons. But we do really good work together and I am havin a great time in Tianguá.

Dad, when I was getting close to serving a mission all of the scriptures seemed to talk about missionary work for me too. It is way cool to see how the scriptures take on different meanings in different situations. Right now all of the stories and scriptures seem to always have an answer to a problem of an investigator. It is really cool to get answers from the scriptures and then share that with an investigator to help them out.

Mom, it sounds like your school year is getting off to a good start. Do you think that that spanish class you took will help you with the little Mexican boy? I hope so. I hope that he gets up to speed in his learning. I am sure you are the perfect teacher for him. I am glad to hear that the student teacher is working out well. She will be a great teacher for sure. She is being trained by one of the best!

I also liked what you said about being a young womens leader. I agree it is very important to have a good relationship with those you lead. Some of my leaders here like to use their calling as a way to boss us around and do things their way. I do what they say, but I would be a lot happier doing it they showed they actually cared about the people they are leading. What you say and teach will have more meaning if you have a good relationship with them.

I was hoping Bailey´s baby would be born by now. I want to see him! He better be here next week. Bailey, try to have him before next Monday so I can see him. OK?

I hope that you all have a great week! I love you all so much! you are the best family in the world. I am blessed to be a part of it!

Love Isaac


Me and my big knife with Captain Moroni

Painting for a service project



Service Project


Alexandra's baptism


Natalia's baptism


Cool Spider I found


Elder Robertson with Tiangua in the background

No comments:

Post a Comment