Monday, September 5, 2011

9.5.11 Pictures and Fast Week letter

Bruno, Neto, and i forgot the other kids name... oops... and me... But Neto was my first baptism and I found him in Sobral still active!






Leila´s baptism. don´t worry, she really is happy to be baptized. sometimes Brazilians don´t like to smile..

me and denis. I was so happy that he was baptized. he changed his life COMPLETLY!

Bom dia meus amados!

This week went by REALLY fast. it seems like yesterday that I was emailing you last time... But it was a great week. here is how it went...

We went and visited Denis everyday to help him get prepared for saturday´s baptism. He is the man. haha. He always has a funny story for us.. I will tell you one that he told us. So he was riding his bike down his street and he was coming up to a parked car. He saw an old man on the sidewalk walking the same direction that he was riding. But as he was coming up to the parked car he knew that another car was driving in his same direction and he looked back to see if he could make it around the parked car before the moving car caught up to him. As he looked back in front of him the old man had moved off of the sidewalk right in front of Denis on his bike! haha. Denis nailed him. There wasn´t any time for him to react and both Denis and the old man went flying haha. Denis thought that he killed the guy, but then realized that if the old guy was talking, then he wasn´t dead haha. Both of them were OK and the old man was just a little scratched up haha. But I laughed pretty hard visualizing how that all happened ha.

Anyway, Denis was baptized on Saturday night and confirmed Sunday. I was able to baptize him and confirm him. It was the first time I have ever confirmed anyone, and I was nervous, but it was good.

Oh, I wasn´t transferred yet.. if you couldn´t tell...

So this week we focused more on our recent converts because we had kind of been forgetting them. They are all doing great so far. Chagas is going to help us out and his friend, by introducing us. Ebert is the only one that is struggling... He hasn´t been confirmed yet and is up and down if he really wants to be a member of the church. He knows its true, but he just is in a tough situation with his family. But his mom is listening to us and she wants to be baptized as soon as her lazy boyfriend will get married to her. He just wants to keep having ´fun´ for a couple more years without commitment. It is annoying.

It sounds like your week was good. I am sad to have missed the party at Grandma and Grandpa´s house. Let them know I love them.

I am excited to see how the honey turns out... You are expecting 75 pounds?? That is a lot of honey. Will you sell it at the farmers market or something? Are you allowed to send some to me?? ha. I hope dad doesn´t get stung. Tell him to use gloves..

Well, maybe today there will be more transferres today. President opened the 2 areas last week so I won´t go there. That is alright, I kind of wanted to open up an area, but there are a lot better qualified elders that have more experience than me. I am really happy here in Tianguá though. I kind of want to be transferred, and kind of don´t at the same time. I guess I will just be happy with whatever happens ha.

I will attach pictures in another email because it isn´t working on this email.. But I hope you have a great week! I love you all very much! I hoping Bailey has her baby soon! I want to see pictures of him. Thank you all so much for all you do!!!

Love Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment