Monday, September 26, 2011

9.26.11 Answers to questions

Hey family!


I am gonna just answer mom´s questions first so I don´t forget...


Q1. Is the Brazil Postal service on strike? I heard that on Missionary moms.
A1. I haven´t heard anything about that. I am pretty sure that it is still goin...


Q2. Who cuts your hair?
A2. There is a guy down the street that cuts my hair for 2 reais. It is really cheep and he does a good job.


Q 3. Will you be able to watch conference via satelitte at the church?
A3. We will watch conference via internet in the house chapel.


Q4. How are your shoes? I know I keep asking, but there seems to be a lot of talk on Missionary moms about shoes wearing out.
A4 My shoes are great. I don´t have any problems with them. You can send me new insoles though. They got holes in them and that is the only problem...


Q5. Do you ever have scary stuff happen to you that you don't tell us because you don't want us to worry?
A5... If i tell you will you worry???


Q6. Are you ever sorry that you didnt' take your Ipod? That seems to be a popular request for moms to send to their missionaries. Although I though it was against the rules. (They do send small speakers too since earbuds are off limits).
A6.. No. I miss music, but I have that USB thing you sent me and I have some church music on it that I downloaded from the church website. And i bought a little speaker thing that reads USB drives...


Q7. It seems like the visa problem is still going on..are you hearing of new American missionaries coming to the Teresina Mission?
A7. I haven´t heard anything. I don´t ask though. I think the visa problem will always be a problem.


And yes I know Elder Ashton. I have heard of Crittenten, but I haven´t ever met him. Elder Cook is going to be going home at the same time too. He is from Shelly. He has been my zone leader in parnaiba and tinagua. he is a good guy.


So, now this was a good week. We had another baptism. 7 weeks in a row!!! His name is Pablo. His dad is a member but his mom isn´t. He always planned to baptize his son, but I guess forgot when he was 8, and he is 9 now. So we got to teach him just too see if he knew everything. So he was baptized on Saturday and confirmed on Sunday. It was good. he was very excited. It reminded me of my baptism.


Things are going really really great here in Tianguá. I love this area. The members are a little weird and I think they don´t know what they are doing... I don´t really know what to do about that. Every sunday I leave the church mad because the members are kind of apostate... I don´t know if i can keep blaming it on that most of the people are pretty new in the church because they have the manuals and stuff, but don´t follow them... it is frustrating. But I love this area and the people in Tianguá are just ready to hear the gospel. It is amazing to see.


I am sad that the baby isn´t born yet! I really wanted to see him! Now I will have to wait another week.... I am glad that everything is going well though in these last weeks with him and Bailey. I am very excited for your family!!!


I hope you all have a great week! Have a great trip to Philly Mom and Paige and Leslie! Remember to send pictures of the little guy to me!


i love you all so much! Thank you Mom and Dad for being such a great example and for raising me in the church. It is such a great blessing. Thank you for everything. I love you both!!!


Love Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment