Monday, November 14, 2011

11.14.11 Elder Bednar visits

Hey family!

Haha Mom, not even I am counting the days. But that is good to know i have 500 days on the mission... It doesn´t feel like it. It is going by way to fast.

My new area is alright. It is huge. and we walk a ton when we walk. We don´t get out too much, because my companion has knee problems...But he doesn´t want to tell anyone because then the presidents wife will be annoying to him. At least that is what he says... haha. and it is a little true. I am not sure why I keep gettin put with these kind of companions, but whatev. I guess there is something I still haven´t learned haha.

And yes, I lived with Elder Sessions in Tianguá. he is a really good guy. When I started there I lived with all Brazilians, but when I got my new companion there, on of the other brazilias was transferred too and elder Sessions filled his spot. Right now I am living with all brazilians again. I like it. It is harder for me to speak in english now than it is in portugues.

My house is kinda big. It fits 4 people well. There is a big room right when you walk in, that would normally be used to park a car, but we use it to hang up clothes to dry. Then you go in more to the kitchen which is pretty small. And there is a long hallway that goes back to the bathrooms and bedrooms. The houses aren´t very wide, but are pretty long. There are 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, one study room for the other 2 elders. My room is big so me and my comp study in our bedroom. It is a good house.

So, the big news of the week is Elder Bednar came here this weekend!! It was awesome. On Saturday we went to Teresina, which is like 10 minutes away. (it is just on the other side of the river... if you look at a map). All of the missionaries were there this time. that never has happened before. I will send a pic of the whole mission together.
But when elder Bednar walked in the atmosphere in that chapel changed. It was amazing. He is such a great teacher. He taught us the same way he did when I was in Oregon. But I ended up learning different things because he knows how to let the Spirit guide the lesson and so I learned a lot more this time. He is truly an apostle of the Savior. I know he is called of God.

We will have a baptism this coming saturday of a girl named Bianca. She is the sister of two other young men who were baptized not too long ago. She is way excited and loves the church. I won´t be surprised if their mom gets baptized soon too. She is progressing...

One thing amazing about Timon is the youth here. The youth of the church are something else. I haven´t ever seen anything like it, but these kids are sooo united. They do everything together. most of them except for a few are alone in the church... meaning their parents and other siblings aren´t members. But these youth are so strong and a really great example.

But I had better get goin. I need to write mom a special email just for her for her birthday.

I love you!. thank you all for the support and prayers. Oh, and how is miles doing? and the rest of the clarks?

Love Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment