Sunday, November 27, 2011

11.21.11

Good morning!
This week was ok. We had a baptism on Saturday! so that was good. Her name is Bianca. She is 13 years old. Her 2 older brothers were baptized pretty recently. I don´t know exactly when, but she wasn´t ready at the same time as her brothers I guess. The youth here are amazing and got her to come to church every week, and she was atending seminary everyday. She was basically a member already. We call these types of people ´´dry members´´ ha. But now she is really happy. Her mom came to the baptism and church the next day... so I hope that she will be baptized too.

It sounds like your week is going to be busy. That is good. When you see Dane say this to him... Isaac mandou um abraço. And tell everyone else hello and that I love them. This is my last Thanksgiving on the mission... next year I will be home to celebrate with you guys. They don´t have thanksgiving here. They know what it is because of american movies and stuff, but it isn´t a holiday here. The closest thing to Thanksgiving is Christmas. On Christmas all of the family gets together and has a big dinner. But I hope you all have a great holiday and eat a little extra for me. (I will probably be eating rice, beans and chicken.)

Things are kinda rocky right now. One of the elders that works here in Timon went home because of his knees, and so now we are in 3. It is annoying. And the other elder that we are with now got his wisdom teeth taken out, and so he isn´t able to leave the house. And my companion is a little difficult. He doesn´t like to be forced to obey the rules, so if he doesn´t want to obey, he won´t.. haha. So what I have to do is just show him that I want to obey without saying anything because if I say something he will feel like I am forcing him and he will do exactly the opposite of that thing. (I learned this when I got to know him in Parnaíba.) So it is annoying, but we get a long and laugh and talk a lot. So that is good.

There isn´t very much more news down here... There will be a transfer today... but I am sure I am staying here haha. There are a lot of good missionaries going home today. But hopefullly the other elder gets transferred so we are just in 2, or he gets another companion.

I hope you all have a great week in Wyoming! I am sad to miss it, but have a great thanksgiving! I love you all very much. Oh, and tell Kay Grandma thanks for the letter, and also the Kuhn family thanks for their letters. I will write them back, but it will be slow because it looks like the mail system is on strike again. (your package should be here though, so that won´t be a problem)

But I love you all so much. And thank you for everything!
Love Isaac
ps, i would send pictures, but the stupid computers here are full of virus and my memory card got a virus. I have to find a place to fix it now... sorry...

No comments:

Post a Comment