Monday, November 7, 2011

11.7.11 Surprise!

Hey fam, I have a surprise for you.. I was transferred. I don´t know exactly what happened, but the transfer call came at like 10:15 wednesday night and the assistants said I would be leaving the next day at 2:45pm. That was annoying. So I went to my room and just started packing up all my stuff so I would have time the next day to say goodbye to a few people. So now I am in Timon. It is right next to Teresina, just on the other side of a river. Timon is in the state of Maranhão. It is a huge city... compared to my other areas, and there are only 4 elders here in the city. So my area is enormous. My companion is Elder Bezerra. He is from Manaus. I got to know him in Parnaíba when I was there because his companion was also the district leader and so when our companions went to meetings in Teresina, we were companions for the week. He is a good guy... another test for me... but we get along haha. He started his mission because the girl he wanted to marry said he needed to go on a mission or else she wouldn´t think of marrying him... but then he got a dear john letter and now he has no reason to be on the mission. But he says he is a man of his word and he is too prideful to quit something he started. He is a really good teacher though. He teaches really boldly and explains things very clear. It helps the investigators know the importance. I know I will learn a lot from him. I knew that I shouldn´t have said anything about that family we found... I knew something would happen that wouldn´t let me teach them more... haha. Just kidding. I guess that is the life of a missionary.So Timon is really really hot. We have to walk a ton. For lunch yesterday we had to walk 4 kilometers just to get to the members house, and it was in the other elders area.... so we had to walk 4 kilometers back to our area. It is ridiculous... And the lunches aren´t even that good... I am greatful for the members and their charity to give lunch to us, but I don´t know if it is worth all the walking to get there haha. I am going to get way way way skinny in this area... I am already hoping that I don´t stay here for 6 months like my other area´s haha. But it will be ok. A big area means a LOT of people to teach. I am excited to work here. Other news is that Elder Bednar is coming here on Saturday! I am way excited for that. That will be great. This will be the second time I get to hear him while I am on my mission. Also, on Sunday there is going to be a stake conference with him for the Teresina stake, and Timon is part of the Teresina stake. So I will get to hear him again on Sunday! I got lucky to be transferred here at this time. Other than that, I don´t have very much news. I am just trying to get used to the new area. I am looking forward to this transfer. An elder that I live with asked me if you guys could send a hat for him... He wants an original new york yankees hat.. like the kind you buy at fanz in the mall.. the 35 dollar kind. I told him that i would ask you guys to look... If it isn´t a huge problem could you buy one and send it? the size of the hat would be 7 1/2. I didn´t guarantee anything... so you don´t have to. Also he wants a new umbrella haha. Some other american gave him his, but it broke, and he wants the exact same one. The brand is Shed Rain... it is small and has an open/close button... I told him I don´t know if they have that in my city so, again, i didn´t gurantee anything... i thought it was a little annoying that right when I got there he started asking for things, but if it isn´t a problem he would appreciate it I am sure. He said he would give me 30 reais for the hat too... Thanks for the scripture dad. I will look that one up too and study it a little more. I hadn´t ever payed much attention to that scripture before. But i liked it a lot! Thanks.It sounds like things are going well for you guys back home. I am glad to hear about Mom´s throat and that it isn´t looking like a huge problem. I have been thinking about you and praying for you. I am happy that my letter to Dad got there. I was going to write a letter to mom and send it to get there in time for her birthday, but things have been kinda busy so I didn´t have much time. I will write a special email to you when it is your birthday, and you can imagine that it is handwritten... ok? ha. Oh, and usually the release date for missionaries is revealed when the missionary has 6 months left on the mission. So, I, and you, should know in about another 2 months ish. Have a great day and an awesome week! I love you guys very much!love Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment