Tuesday, November 29, 2011

11.29.11 A Good Week in Timon

Good morning!
This week was pretty good. Neither of us know the area so we are just working on that. We are focusing on getting to know the members here to get their trust and help. My other companion fought with the bishop the day I showed up and so I haven´t ever had a good relationship with him, just because I was companions with my companion.. haha. But the first day of the transfer we went and found the bishop and talked and so now everyone is on good terms.

We got a list of recent converts from the church yesterday, so we are going to go and visit them this week to invite them to an activity and see if people in their families are ready to hear the gospel. I have had some sucess doing that before... Speaking of that, Fernando (from my first area Sobral) went to the temple last week! I don´t know if you remember but we found him because his wife was less active and he was just ready to go. I don´t know if I talked about him before because I was transferred 5 days before his baptism.. but now he went to the temple and I am pretty sure he got sealed with his wife. He is a stud.

My new companion is awesome. We already get a long great. He is from Curitiba... my second companion from there... He was born into the church. He doesn´t know his biological dad because his dad didn´t want anything to do with a baby, so he left and never came back. But when he was 3 his mom met a guy in the temple that was perfect for her and he adopted my companion and gave him his last name and a little bit after they were all sealed together. My companion is a really really good teacher. He knows how to connect with people and make them feel important. I am going to learn a lot from him.

For Thanksgiving we had Zone Conference. (not because it was thanksgiving, but because of coincidence) So we got a bigger lunch than normal so that was good. There are a couple of Americans in the zone, so we wished each other happy thanksgiving... and moved on haha. I got my package too! It was great. I didn´t want to wait till christmas... Thank you for everything! I am sure my brazilian friends will like the presents. You send two pairs of shorts so I gave one to Elder Cunha who asked for them, and the other to my companion, because I didn´t need more.. I hope that is ok. And everyone is loving the candy. The ensigns are great and the book by Elder Holland is awesome. I love the quotes in there.

I like to give things to the people I live with, but it isn´t me who is buying the stuff. The elder I live with now wants that umbrella and a yankees hat, but he doesn´t need them. I get the feeling that he is just taking advantage of an american haha. Because the first day here he just started asking for things... i didn´t even know him at all ha... I just told him I will see what I can do. So don´t feel like you need to send those things. if you want to you can though.

And I see elder Smoot and Elder Plewe every now and again. I have seen Smoot more often. I only saw Elder Plewe the day Elder Bednar was here because the entire mission was here. He has been in São Luis his entire mission and that is really far away from all the areas I have been in. The last time I saw him before that meeting was in Portland when the assistents there dropped him off in his area.. haha. He is doing good though.

And the last question.. I am still junior. I am happy with that though. I don´t want to be a leader or anything. I like just helpin out ha. It is better.
Thank you for everything you guys have done, and continue to do! .

I love you all very much!
Love Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment