Tuesday, December 6, 2011

12.5.11

This was not the best week ever, but it was ok. We are working on getting new investigators through the members, but so far the members aren´t helping out too much. There is one guy who helped us out a ton though and gave us 5 referrals. I was happy about that. The members name is Elton. He is a really good guy. He is getting ready to serve a mission next year and he loves to walk around with us and visit people. He is a great help.

We are teaching a lady whose name is Vera Lucia. She is the mom of Bianca who was baptized a couple of weeks ago. I know that Vera knows the church is true, but she is having problems switcing from her old habits to new ones. She has been part of another church for most of her life... I don´t know if she is worried about what the people from that church will think.. or what.. but she has the desire to go to church and be baptized... but it is just taking the next step of faith that she is worried about. If you could, pray for her. It will bless her family tremendously when she is baptized!

Last P-day we went to the church and played american football with the youth here. It was really fun. It was the first time anyone has ever played so it was fun to teach them a new sport and play with them. We are going to play again today. There are a couple of kids here who are naturals. It is sad to see because they only play soccer here. I wish they had more options, but it is tough. Soccer is so popular here because you can play it anywhere and you only need a ball. There is always a game goin on in the streets or in some open field.

I am glad that Mom´s suregry went well. I am praying for you to recover fast. I am glad the got the lumps out before it did anything to your spine or anything else.

I have a question... what time would be a good time for you guys to call me on Christmas? I think it will be easier this time for you guys to call the church. Church here is from 9-12...Then I have lunch. and I can be back at the church anytime between 2:00-9:00pm Timon time that day...Anytime during the day is good for me. Just let me know what is good for you guys and I can make the plans here to be open at that time.

Thank you for the scripture Dad. I like to read them. They help me out a lot!

I also have an invitation for you guys... Study chapter 9 of Preach my Gospel in Family Home Evening and personal study and think of how you can help out the missionaries there find more people to teach. Missionary work is at its best with the members are full time finders, and the missionaries are full time teachers.

I love you all so much and I hope you all have a great week!

Love Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment