Monday, February 13, 2012

2.13.12 Sup Fam

ola meus queridos.
So i am gonna try to answer your questions before I forget them... starting with the question from dad... Valentines day is not celebrated on febuary 14 here. It is on the 12th of june. They thought I was weird that we celebrate it on St. Valentines day, but I found an article in the liahona that showed them that basically the whole world celebrates it on valentines day. (and since it isn´t on valentines day here they just call it girlfriend/boyfriend day.)

This week we didn´t have too much success in bringing people to church... There was a big party this weekend in Timon and so basically everyone thats not a member was there haha. That is my excuse, but also some people are just lazy. The party was a pre-carnaval party... brazilians like to party. Carnaval is this weekend. We have to go home saturday, sunday, can´t leave monday, and tuesday at 6 o'lock. that will be annoying. that is the best hour to work usually... we will see how this weekend goes.

We have some pretty great investigators. There is one named Raimundo. he is a friend of a member and she took him to church and he loved it. It was testimony meeting and he hadn´t ever heard of the book of mormon before, but listening to everyone bare their testimony about it he got really interested and wanted his own. So we have been helping him and he is just progressing a ton. He will be baptized friday.

Oh, and usually the hardest part is to get people to church the first time. They elect people will come back. It helps so much to kind of filter our teaching group. I wish that everyone would have the desire to go back. They all feel the spirit, but they listen more to Satan I think. It is sad. But usually like if 10 people go for the first time, maybe 5 will go back again, and one of them will be baptized...

Mom, things to look for in Timon... Look for the "praça São José"... I walk through there everyday. and the church is really close to there... umm... there is a soccer field really close to my house that you could look at. I think its the only one in Timon. There isn´t really anything else to look at in Timon haha. It is a boring city. If you look down the "BR" (that is like a highway that goes down the middle of Timon) you go where I walk almost everyday for lunch. We are always on that highway. There are a couple of cemitaries close by too that we walk by quite often.

Tell Bailey and Chad congratulations on their missionary opprotunity. That makes me happy. Please talk to all of your friends about the church. You never know who will be interested and in the end, it really is the members responsibility to find people to teach. The missionaries are there to just help you guys teach and give you and example of what to do, but in the end its up to you..Speaking of that, please do home teaching and visiting teaching every month. and go to the less active people. i am gaining a testimony of that while I am out here. it helps the church so much, and we can only get blessings for doing it.
That is about all I have to report from Brazil.. sorry the letter was random.

one quick english question...
can i put an apostraphe s on a word to combine the word with 'is'? like the book is on the table to be the book's on the table? I am helpin my comp learn english and i couldn´t respond to this question because i forgot grammar.

And my companion said he wants peanut butter and a bulls shirt. I helped make him a bulls fan.

I love you guys a ton. Thanks for everything!
Love Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment