Monday, February 27, 2012

2.27.12 Lehi's Dream

Hey fam,
This week was rough... so we couldn´t leave at all on monday, we had to come home early on tuesday, then on wednesday I got a nasty cold and a fever so i was just feelin bad and had to go home early. that lasted through the night and onto thursday. I was feeling good thursday night so we got to leave again. Then we worked all day friday. Then my companion got what I had and had to stay home all day saturday. Sunday we were both better for the most part. I still have kinda a runny nose and a cough every once in a while, but thats alright. I´ll be good in a couple days.

Dad, things I am learning... I actually learned something this morning while I was studying. I was studying Lehi´s dream and how it relates to my purpose as a missionary. I had a little revelation, or at least some sweet thoughts. I was lookin at the pictures I have of his dream and I noticed that there is always a group of people chillin under the tree eatin their fruit... I was trying to find myself in the dream.. I have already eaten the fruit, or received the gospel, but i was thinkin, there are a lot of other people that aren´t on the path, or even close to it. What good is it gonna do for them, or for me, to just keep chillin under the tree. Most of the people can´t even see the tree. So as a missionary I gotta get up, leave the comforts of my house (under the tree) and go out into the large and spacious field and show them the fruit I have. Then I have to help them first get to the Iron Rod, and then to the tree. I will help them all along the way, then when they get to the tree and are baptized, I will leave them with the tree huggers and I am leavin again to get someone else, and continue to help the others that I left on the iron rod. I know that isn´t in the scriptures but I think that would have been part of Lehi´s dream, but I am guessing he just woke up or somethin. But we really do just need to leave our comforts and go rescue some people and bring them to the Iron Rod that will lead them to partake of God´s love. And help them every step of the way.

On another note, I am going to go back to BYU-I in the fall. At least for a couple of sememsters so I can fix my GPA and then transfer somewhere else. I am still wanting to go to dental school and become and oral surgeon. I don´t want to stay at BYUI, but at least for the first semester after i get home to figure things out and make a better plan. I realized that I don´t have any idea what I am doing. But that is all in my goals and plans to figure out when I get home.

And Mom, I think i can get my knife home in my checked luggage. If it is wrapped up really well and everything. If I can´t, its not a big deal because it was cheap. it was only like 12 reais. And the package you sent is probably here. there will be a meetin in Teresina next week I think on my birthday, so i am thinkin I will get it on my birthday.

I am getting excited to see paige´s baby! have they already chosen a name? and how is leslie doing? pictures?Same questions for Bailey, how is Miles doing? I am very very excited to see him when I get home. I think i have only seen like 2 pictures of him... I know you have taken more... haha. don´t be afraid to share with me.

I love you guys a ton. Thank you for everything!
Love isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment