Monday, February 6, 2012

2.6.12 Six PINCH (people in Church)

Ola!

So everyone has been asking about my release date since about the time I hit a year out here haha. So I asked President Dias in my interview with him and the news is that I will be released on the 19th of June. There will be a big group of Elders goin home with me.. one being Elder Plewe, my companion from the MTC. I am excited to travel with him when the time comes. I have seen him only once since the MTC.

This week was a lot better than the past weeks. I was sick of not having investigators in church and I had to do something. I couldn´t stop thinking about it. I did everything. I focused all my study on that and invited people every single time I talked to them and talked to President Dias in my interview with him and even fasted. It turns out all the hard work and prayers and fasting worked out. We had 6 investigators in church! That still isn´t amazing, but it is A LOT better than just a few because families had company that week. All of the investigators this week were people we are actually teaching... I was so happy. And church was perfect for them.. The spirit was so strong during the testimony meeting. Between the 4 elders here in Timon we had 14 investigators in church and people would go up there and just bare their testimonies to our investigators. It was perfect.

And yes, Mom, they are studying the life of George Albert Smith. I read a thing in the January Liahona yesterday night about him. He is a stud. I am excited to learn more about him in church.

I liked your thoughts about 2 Nephi 2. I love that chapter. I really like the last verses about agency. I could study those for a week and still learn more. It is really interesting. When Elder Bednar was here he taught a lot about agency and we have to ask questions that let people act, and not receive the action. Sometimes we as missionaries take away agency by asking bad questions that have a correct answer or we want to guide the lesson with our questions. But we need to ask questions that are guided by the spirit that let the investigator act and then the lessons will be perfect. We can apply this into any setting in the chruch I think.

Things are going great here in Timon now. My companion is basically trained... We are just polishing up some things. he is a really good missionary..

I will send pictures today too.

I know that the church is true. I know that Christ lives and is our savior. The book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ, and I know that it is true. I know the joy that can come into our lives and the lives of others as we read and ponder the book of mormon. Joseph Smith was right when he said that we can come closer to Christ reading that book than anyother. (I don´t know if that is right grammer in English.. but maybe you get the gist)

I love you guys. Thank you for everthing.




Love Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment