Monday, January 24, 2011

I'm Free 1/24/11

Hey family! So, maybe you can already tell what happened by the subject of this letter, but the big news is that elder Melo was transferred!! IT was one of the best days of my life haha. It was random too. There has been a steady 3 week transfer for like the whole time I have been here and so I was hoping so bad for a transfer last p-day. Well, it didn´t come on pday so I just gave up and started looking forward to feb. 7th. But then on wednesday morning the phone rang at 630 in the morning and Elder Melo answered and I heard him say ´are you serious? a transfer? where am I going?´ I instantly hoped out of bed and it was hard not to smile! haha. I tried to act sad so he didn´t feel bad and it was tough haha. So he left at 2 o´clock on wednesd afternoon and my new companion showed up at 6 that night. My new companion is Elder Donizeti. He is awesome. He is funny and knows how to work. We are doing some good work. We are goin to all the way old investigators in our area from like 2006 and stuff. We are also trying to find some new people to teach in between our appointments. I am lovin it. The first day I was able to kinda do everything I have always wanted so we went and talked to our branch president and it turns out he is awesome too and all he wants to do is help us. I figured that was the case. We planned some activities to get people to bring friends to so we can start teachin them. Things are definately looking up! Last sunday a girl brought her friend to church, Giovani is his name. He is really cool. He is 15 and his member friends have been talking to him about church for some time now. They finally got him to go to church and he loved it. We started teaching him and he is way interested and wants to be baptized. He read and prayed about the book of mormon and got an answer and he is just a big stud. A funny thing with him is that he told us that if Elder Melo stayed here, he wouldn´t get baptized. He didn´t like him... haha. I baptized Odilon on saturday. (his mom is Antonia that I told you about on Christmas.) Odilon is awesome and I was so happy to baptize him. WE would have batized his whole family but they need to go to church one more time, and they are always working. I hope they will find time to come to church soon! It is a reallly special family. I am sorry to hear about Tanner. It was hard to read that email mom. I really hope everything works out for him. I am praying hard for him. Whatever happens I will still be there for him. I am going to do a fast for him too. I really hope he is ok.. Dad, your portuguese was near perfect! haha are you studying or did you use a translater or somethin? Mom, your portuguese was perfect too. and yes, tudo bom. (it means everything good? or everything is good... it is a question and an answer.) I got a card from Aunt Diane and a Christmas card from you guys too the same time my packages arrived. I think snail mail is faster than packages. Thank you for the cards and stuff. Things are going well though down here though. I am lovin it now. It was a tough 9 weeks and I was strugglin to stay positive. But its all good now. I am happy! Thank you for everything you guys to for me! you are the best family in the world! Love Isaac

1 comment:

  1. So glad that he is a happy missionary again. That must have been tough to have a companion like that. Way to hang in there Isaac!

    ReplyDelete