Monday, January 3, 2011

Ugh! 1-3-11

Well, transfers came and left and Elder Melo and me are still here in Parnaíba. The only change that came here in Parnaíba is that Elder Smoot left and Elder Cameron came. I miss Elder Smoot quite a bit. He was a great missionary and we did have a pretty good friendship. We would both come home at the end of the day and just talk about all our problems haha. It was good to have him around ha. But Elder Cameron is a good guy too. He is from Las Vegas and is way goofy haha. I like him. We get a long great.


Thank you for the pictures you sent, Mom! I am glad they came through the second time. And it is Ok that the last email didn´t send. I was sure that something weird happened. You wouldn´t forget about your only son would you? Just kiddin, it´s all goood...

This last week was up and WAY down. It started out good, comin off the Christmas high and stuff. On Tuesday I went on a division with Elder Vitor in his area and it was AMAZING! It was one of the best days of my mission. Elder Vitor is one of my zone leaders and he is a fantastic missionary. He is from São Paulo. When I was with him we never stopped working. We went from appointment to appointment talking to everyone in between. It was so good. The spirit was so strong in our lessons too. That kid knows how to teach with the spirit for sure. It was a good day. Then I went back to my area the next day and we really didn´t do a single thing. The last THREE days we didn´t teach one single lesson. I am pretty upset about that. I don´t know the situations when I should call President and what I just need to work out with my comp. But needless to say, my letter to President Dias will be pretty long this week. I have a lot on my mind. We seriously just sit at the same house for a long time. He talks and plays dominoes and sits there. I just read the Book of Mormon in Portuguese. It is helping with the language so I guess something good is coming out of this.

Anyway... Congrats on getting your patriarchal blessing Abby! Those are way special. I am proud of you!

Mom, I made some new years resolutions. They are to love every single one of my companions no matter what. Follow ALL of the mission rules no matter what. and have more patience with myself and the people I work with. My last one is to have a baptism every week. That is possible here if I do everything right.

Dad, when people get baptized it is a little hard to get them integrated into the church. We baptized a teenage girl yesterday and she will be fine because her older sister is a member and the young womens leader is really good in this branch. But after the baptism the members are supposed to teach the lessons again and take over, but that doesn´t usually happen. The church is way young here, so I try not to judge or criticize them. I just try to help.

I don´t remember any other questions, but if I didn´t answer some, just ask them again. I am sorry this letter isn´t very good. I just need to get goin´on my letter to President Dias. Thank you for your love and prayers!! I love you all so much and I hope you all have a great week back at school and work! I love you all!!!Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment