Tuesday, March 22, 2011

3.21.11

Hey family...
This week was pretty good. We took a trip to Teresina again to hear a general authority talk to us. Elder Godoy came and gave a fantastic talk. He is the man. He talked about our relationship with the mission president and then we took a short break and then he talked about why we are serving missions. He gave 3 reasons... 1. To save others. 2. To establish and build the church and 3. To save myself. It was really really good. He asked some really good questions that made me think. He asked, ´´Out of all the missions in the world, why were you called to Teresina Brasil? What is my purose here? What do I need to accomplish?´´ and things like that. He also talked about love and how I need to love everyone. I can´t teach them if I don´t love them. That is basically what I got out of that part. But it was really really good.

I also got the other package while I was there. THANK YOU!!! It was so good to get Ensigns (especially conference ensign...I read it in 2 days) We get Liahonas here, but they come like 6 months late. If you could, in every package you send, just put the recent ensigns in there if it isn´t too dificult. Also, thank you for the shoe insoles. My feet were just getting destroyed. My shoes ruined my arches. But, now I don´t have any pain and they are healing. Thank you for everything else in the package too... Everything was needed badly. You guys are the best.

A call for transferres should be today... I kind of have a feeling I will be going. But I don´t have any idea really. Rumor has it that there will be 12 new missionaries arriving here on the 12th so if that is true, I think there will be a lot of changes today to get trainers and leaders in the right spot. I think it would b kinda fun to train... but I don´t think I would be very good at it. I still feel like my portuguese is horrible. haha. Its not really, but i have it in my head that I speak bad.
But anyway, that is about all that happened this week here...

Congrats Mindy on your play! It sounds like you did awesome! Also, that diet you guys were on doesn´t sound very good for a runner. Aren´t carbs really important for a runner? Oh, and yes I am so glad that Carnaval is over. That was such a boring couple of days.

Well, good luck in March Madness. Thank you Mom for taking Kansas all the way. I would have done the same thing. Sorry your bracket isn´t doin too well Dad. Are there a lot of upsets or what? I hope you all have a great spring break and that you have fun! I miss you all... Thank you for your prayers and support! You guys are the best!! I love you!!!
Love Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment