Monday, March 28, 2011

3.28.11 transfers

Dearest Family, I am still in Parnaíba for at least until the next transfer. Elder Donizeti is still my companion which is good. We do some good work together. It is getting a little difficult to find things to do. I know there is a LOT to do in this area, but being here for more than 4 months now, it doesn´t seem that way sometimes. I was kind of hoping for a transfer, but, there must be more for me to do here. Elder Passarin was transferred from Parnaíba. That was really good. I don´t know if you know much about him, but he was companions with Elder Smoot that gave him so many problems. It was getting hard to live with Elder Passarin. Elder Chiba filled his spot. He is from California, so we have 3 Americans living in our house with Elder Donizeti. I feel bad for him because sometimes we speak a lot of english. I try to speak portuguese as much as possible. I know how it is when you don´t understand what anyone is saying... Oh, and an elder got transferred from my district, and Elder Olson, (from Evanston) filled his spot. So now we are in the same district. I am exited to get to know him a little more. That is really exiting about Nathan and his misison call. I hope everything goes great for him in all of his preparations and things. And also, tell Brian congratulations about the engagement. That is great! Another little thing about mission calls... Why are so many people from Idaho Falls getting called to Tulsa? That is weird to me. And I don´t know if you have heard anything, but I have heard that the church isn´t calling Amercans to Brasil anymore because of visa problems. I heard that the CTM in são paulo is filled with Argentinians and bolivians and other latin american people. That will be cool if it is true. That would be cool to be companions with some one not from the States or Brasil. what else... I got a card from Grandma Flash but it was a Christmas card. I won´t get any cards until April. The zone leaders always go to Teresina the first tuesday of each month. So when they get back is usually when I get letters and packages. So maybe in 2 weeks I will have it. My shoes are not bad. Just the insoles in one pair had holes in them. I was mainly just wearing one pair of shoes, but I have to be careful or else I could get athletes foot so I like to switch shoes. The insoles fixed all of my problems. The weather here is the same every single day. That´s not true.. sometimes it will rain for like 5 minutes and flood everything then just get really humid. But it is usually always sunny and perfect weather every day. I hope you get summer soon in Idaho. I don´t miss Idaho winters at all. And Dad, that is really funny what you said to Mom about praying long enough and summer will come.. haha. Mom, I think I will be able to call home on Mother´s day. The handbook says I am allowed to call home 2 times a year (on Christmas, and another day specified by the president, usually mothers day) I will let you know more as I find out. That fish Brent caught is impressive. It is as big as Leslie haha. congrats!! haha Things here are going great and I am excited for this new transfer. We started it off well with the baptism of Prescila and it was a really spiritual meeting. I am sure she will stay in the church. We did really good work with her. She is enrolled in Seminary and all of the youth are her friends now. We even hooked her up with a boyfriend haha... kinda..We have a baptism for Saturday or maybe Sunday. And we found a really good family on Saturday that I am praying will be baptized. We have a goal to help prepare them by the 19th of April. I really really want to baptize a family. But, things are going great. I love you all so much. You are the best family in the world! I know that this is the true church. I don´t have one doubt about that. Jesus lives. We have a living prophet on the earth today, and I am so excited to hear him next week. And yes, we get the broadcasts here in Brazil. (in english and portuguese) I am excited. I love you!! Love Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment