Tuesday, March 8, 2011

3.7.11

hey, i was going to send some more pictures, but the computer wont let me do it... so I will type the letter and try again at the end.
Thank you all so much for the birthday wishes! It was a pretty good day yesterday. My companion gave me a tie that I like. We went to lunch at a members house and it was good food. Then we went around town trying to find someone to get to church. The whole town was completely dead. (due to carnaval) I think everyone was at the beach. or drunk. So we weren´t able to find any of our investigators at home. Then we went to church and had a good testimony meeting. After church Elder Cameron and Elder Passarin surprised me with a huge cake. A sister in their branch made it for me. It is a huge cake. we will have cake in the fridge for a long time. It was really good though. I feel so old now that I am 20. I don´t like it. haha.

The week was Ok. still no packages. The zone leaders didn´t go to teresina for some reason but they are going this week. My comp. will be going with them for leadership training. Maybe there is somethin there that he can bring back to me. i don´t like when there is leadership training because the other district leader in Parnaíba has to go too and so I will be companions with his companion. We will have to work 2 areas for a couple of days, and it isn´t very fun. But, oh well.

So for investigator news... Andre and silas still arent baptized. we found the root of the problem, they aren´t reading the book of mormon. I am still trying to figure out why they wanted to be baptized if they didn´t know it was true... haha. But we are trying to get them to read the book of mormon to get an answer. The good news is that our efforts resulted in another investigator and hopefully baptism. Silas´s little sister had been sittin in the other room while we teach Silas and I had noticed that she was kind of ´ease-dropping´. So I said something to my comp that we should try to teach her too. Well the next time we went there she just started asking us questions and so we started teaching her. She had been reading the little pamphlets that we gave to silas. We gave her a book of mormon and she read what we marked and prayed about it and joseph smith. She got an answer that night that this is the true chruch. We are going to mark a date to be baptized on the 19th just because we need to teach some more stuff and she needs to go to church one more time before. We told her to help Silas read and we also told her to share her testimony with him and how she got it. I think it will help him and her.

I don´t know if I have told you about Pedro yet... He is 25 and he is dating the district presidents daughter. He always goes to church and even pays tithing already... He has been going to church the whole time I have been here and I always thought he was a member already. It turns out he isn´t. And what is weird is that NOT ONE set of missionaries have tried to teach this guy. So we asked his girlfriend if we can teach him and she just smiled really big and said thank you a lot. The district presidents wife started to cry when we told her that we marked a date for baptism with him. He is excited to be baptized this coming satrurday (12th). It is easy to teach him because he has been going to church for so long and he basically knows everything. It is ridiculous that no one else has tried to teach him... haha. He is golden.

Anyway, this week was pretty good. It is boring lately cause of carnaval. We have to come in at 5 pm and just do nothing. We play uno and we built a fort on saturday. It is pretty boring.... haha. i hope you all have a great week this week!

Mirdanda, congrats on getting a 97 on your thesis! that is awesome! Dad, way to go on the running 19 miles. I think that is so sweet. Somethin I could never do... (or want to do haha). Thanks for everything you all do for me. And thanks for praying for our investigators. I am sure it is helping. I love you all!!!!
até logo
Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment