Tuesday, October 4, 2011

10.3.11 Conference Thoughts

Hey family!

Where is the baby??!!! Wasn´t the due date last sunday? And wasn´t Bailey saying that he will come early?? I wanted to see him today haha. Maybe he will be born while I am on the internet... haha.

But this week was crazy. My companion´s wisdom teeth started to grow in and he was having head aches and he said it was hurting really badly. So he called Sister Dias and she set up an appointment in Teresina with a guy that always works on missionaries. So my companion left Wednesday to Teresina to do the surergy. So I have been in a trio for the last few days. I thought he would take the teeth out and then come back by yesterday or today, but he called us yesterday and said that he will come back here this coming Saturday. It is really annoying to be in a trio with 2 areas. I will do a lot of splits with members this week just so my area doesn´t die.

That is about all the news that went on this week ha...

Conference was really good. It wasn´t available in English this time because we watched from the Internet. Usually when it is broadcast via satelite, there are two channels in English and Portugues. Usually the americans go to a different room with a little tv and watch in English, but because it was Internet, we didn´t have that option. It is different in Portuguese I thought. I like to hear their real voices. A lot of the time the translators don´t get the feeling in their voice right and it is just different. It is better in English ha. But I still learned a lot. Dad, I thought there was a lot about missionary work too. I was wondering if that is just because I am a missionary and that is what I was looking for though.. But there were some great talks.

Some of my favorites were Elder Scott about the scriptures. I need to start memorizing scriptures that mean a lot to me so I can always have them when I need them. And i liked Elder Anderson´s talk about creating families, because it made me think of Paige and Bailey, and their families. Elder Perry´s talk about how we can share the gospel better was really good. I would challenge anyone to go over that talk again and do what he suggests. And the talk by Elder Cook was great too!

I felt the spirit when President Monson announced the Star Valley Wyoming temple. That is great that wyoming will have a temple now! I know I lived in Idaho all my life, but I have some wyoming blood passed from you guys, Mom and Dad. haha I just thought that was awesome though that Temples are getting closer to the members all the time. The temple is such a great blessing.

Paige didn´t like flying? I like to take off and land, but to sit on an airplane for a long time is very annoying. I didn´t like the flight to Brazil because it was soooo long and I felt trapped the whole time. But flying isn´t too bad. Haha i am glad Leslie liked all of it.

I hope that your week goes great! and that the baby comes soon! I am exited to see little Miles. I love you all very much!!!

love Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment