Monday, October 10, 2011

10.10.11 Woo Hoo

Hey family!

I am so glad to hear about the new baby!! It is great that our family is growing! Congratulations to Bailey and Chad! I love you guys and I am proud of you. Miles looks like a stud.

This week was ok. My companion got back from Teresina and his surergy Monday night, Tuesday morning at 1 in the middle of the night. It was good that he got back. It was annoying to be in three. We worked good on Tuesday and Wednesday, but then after that the pain was too much for my companion and so we had to take it easy for the rest of the week. We are also struggling to have investigators that are progressing. None are keeping committments. It is annoying because this happened like 2 weeks ago and we basically dropped everyone and started over with a new group of people to teach, but this group is the same as the last. I guess we just need to start over again. We had a long streak of success and then all of the sudden it stopped like it hit a brick wall. It happens though. It will be better when my companion is back to 100% so we can get out on the street more.

Mom, we were teaching a lady yesterday, Socorro, (Hébert´s mom) and she was talking a lot about how her son doesn´t respect her and doesn´t obey her. We were there with a member and she has already raised her kids and explained that the best thing Socorro could do is just love him and continue to be his friend and his mom. It made me think a lot about you. I was thinkin when I was around 14 or 15 I was kinda the same way as Hébert... I remember we argued a lot and didn´t see eye to eye all the time. But I am greatful for you and that you were always there for me even when I wasn´t. Thank you for always being my friend and a loving Mom. Everything that I am now I owe all to you. I think your patience with me payed off... haha. I am not perfect, but I think I will turn out OK. Thanks Mom!

That is good that Blair Walker´s funeral was good. He was a great guy and I am glad I got to know him a little. He was probably the best sunday school teacher I had. I really liked his lessons.

The Plan of Salvation is amazing. It is so great to know where Miles came from, and where Brother Walker is now. It is great to know that we were with God in His presence before and that we all have the opprotunity to return. I know that the Plan of Salvation is perfect and that we don´t have to fear death or be too sad about it because we know that there is life after death and that we don´t stop living. Yesterday the lesson in Gospel Principles was about the Spirit world after death. One thing that is comforting is that modern prophets have said that the Spirit World isn´t very far away from us and that our loved ones are closer than we think. I know that we were all together in God´s presence before and if we do our very best here on Earth, we will return to His presence to live forever in a state of perfection. What a great plan!

I love you all very very much and I am so greatful for the new addition to the family! Thank goodness he finally came!! Crongratulations again to Bailey, Chad, and Miles! I love you, Clark family!

Tchau meus amados!
Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment