Tuesday, October 18, 2011

10.17.11 slow week

Hey fam.

It sounds like it was a good week, even if it wasn´t very eventful. This week also wasn´t too eventful here.

It looks like you are all following the transfer schedule haha. But as of right now, I am still in Tianguá and lookin like it will stay that way. The phone calls already came for the rest of the zone in Sobral and there were some changes there, but as for the 4 elders in Tianguá, we are all still here. That is good. I like Tianguá. I do like change though. I think I am comin up on 5 months here... I am not exactly sure why President leaves me in areas for so long, but that is alright. I am about 2/3 of the way done, and I only have 3 areas haha. I am alright with that though.

Not much has been happening... I am gettin really annoyed with our investigators. We work with people, and find new people to teach at the same time, but everyone we find don´t keep committments so we drop them and find new ones, but the new people are the exact same and it is getting ridiculous haha. We have only had one person progressing in the last couple of weeks. We set baptismal dates with people too to help them progress and prepare, but then they don´t go to church or something. We are just findin a lot of ´tares´. I guess that is part of missionary work is to separte the people that won´t accept the gospel.. But it would be nice to find someone that is ready to be baptized again.

Oh some good news is that Denis and Leila are going to get married. Leila was really worried that Denis would go back to his old ways of drinking and smoking and being a jerk, so she didn´t want to get married to him. We have just been giving a lot of little lessons about forgivness and repentance. We finally just sat them both down together one day and made her decide if she would marry him haha. She accepted. She was happy too, it wasn´t anything forced. They are working on getting the money to get married now. It is about 100 reais to get married. It looks like the date is the 25th of october... I am excited for them.

I heard that my old companion, Elder Andrade went home early... that is too bad. He wasn´t obedient at all, but I dunno, I think a mission is good for a person. The disobedient missionaries aren´t good for the mission, but I think a mission is good for them. I just hope that he stays active in the church.

Its good that you finally got some fruit from the fruit trees... Maybe you could add some dried pears in the package? I always remember things that you can send me in a package during the week, but on Pday i forget... I will try to remember right now..

Ensigns (for some reason the mission doesn´t give us the church magazines)
Gilette Fusion razor blades.. I think like 6 would get me to the end of the mission.
Oh, I bought a guitar the other day... (I budgeted my money.. and i will sell it to someone at the end of my mission) but it would be cool if you could send some guitar music to play.. like hymns
eagle scripture markers (6pack)
shoe insoles gel kind (size 11-12)
I can´t think of much more... here is a christmas list from the brazilians i live with...(if it isn´t a problem for you it would be nice to send. they say they will pay me haha)
shoe insoles (gel kind) size 10
air heads
basketball shorts
that chicago bulls hat that i have (i will give it away)
peanut butter
2 CTR rings (2 brazilians) their hands are about like dad´s.
If you can´t get those things, then that is alright, they will survive ha. I just asked them what they wanted because i can´t think of anything i need.

oh and the mail system ended their strike. it is back to normal now.

But, i hope everything is goes well back home this week. I love you all so much!

love Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment