Monday, January 30, 2012

1.30.12 Nada interessante

Hey fam..

This week was alright. Nothing too interesting happened... It was a
good week though. On Tuesday we had to do some splits with members
because for the first time in my mission we had way too much to do for
just 2 elders. That was a good feeling. So we split up and it ended up
being a great day.

Wednesday we did companion exchanges. I worked with Elder Deaver. He
is pretty new on the mission and has only about 3 months... He is a
great guy though. I am glad I can speak portugues though. Elder Deaver
is from Rocklin California. We are good friends. He likes sports too
so we talk a lot about sports. It is good for me.

Thursday was normal... nothing too special happened. We found a great
couple to teach though. They have a difficult life trying to get money
and they work very hard. They sell french fries at the park close to
their house... but that is a lot of work to do. But the guys name is
Junior and we taught the restoration and at the end we invited him to
be baptized if he knew the book of mormon was true... he accepted...
He just said.. "let´s go." haha. He felt the spirit and we are helping
him prepare for baptism on the 25th.

Friday and saturday were nothing special.. Saturday was the hottest
day I have ever experienced though. Then Sunday is always filled with
dissappointments. .Nobody comes to church. I can´t figure out the
secret to get people to church. I havent ever had this problem before
really. It is the hardest thing to do in Brazil but usually at least 3
people will come... Here lately no one is coming... I don´t know what
to do. I am gonna do a special fast and just pound going to church in
peoples heads haha. and use the members more to help out.

That is about all the news I have. Everything is just goin great.

Mom, I haven´t heard anyone talking about the rainforest here... I
don´t know why. I forgot that that was even a problem. I just asked my
companion if people worry about it, and he said no. No one does. haha.
So that is the answer I have.

I love you! Have a fantastic week!!!


Love Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment