Tuesday, April 3, 2012

4.2.12 Conference

Hey guys,

Things are going well here in Timon... Yes, I am stayin here for at least another transfer... I wonder if President just forgets about me sometimes... I guess that would be alright cause I could understand it as I am not doin anything wrong to get attention.. haha. Elder Cruz is still my companion. When the calls came he seemed pretty disappointed. It is tough to stay with someone for a long time. I am just used to it by now, but I knew he really wanted a change. I will try to make things good for him.

I really enjoyed General Conference this weekend. We went to the stake center in Teresina to watch it. And yes, we did get to watch in English. I loved the messages. The over all theme that the Spirit taught me was this... Just hold on. Have faith. Don´t lose focus of eternal goals. Keep repenting. And you can do it. I got the idea that this life isn´t going to be easy. And it shouldn´t be. But it is very very possible and with the Gospel in our lives, we can get through it all. I am greatful for the talks given. I loved them all.

I talked to Elder Donizeti (my old comp) and Elder Smoot. Elder Donizeti will be released on the same day as me and he said it is the 12th. Elder Smoot said that he was with an elder that was gettin close to go home and his family got the travel plans for him that said he was going home a month later than he thought, but that was wrong. So I am still stickin with the 12th of June. But I guess we will see. It would be nice to not have so much confusion. Just know that some day I will come home.

I am doing well and am happy. We are working hard and I am givin it my best down here. I´m gettin kinda sad that the end is in sight. It will definatly be weird to not be a missionary anymore. I love this work, and I love bein in Brazil. There are some great people down here. I know that the Gospel is true. I know that it is the only way we can be saved in God´s kingdom someday. I know that Jesus is our Savior. He lives!

I love you guys a ton! Have a great Easter!!!

Love Isaac

Oh, and mindy, if you want to ever do that hike again with someone I will go with ya. I really want to go on that hike. It looks awesome

No comments:

Post a Comment