Monday, April 9, 2012

4.9.12 Happy Easter

biscuts and gravy!! Me and elder Sanders (from missouri) made them
A sweet spider that I found in a tree at my house.

the americans watching conference in Teresina. starting from the back from left to right Elder Plewe and E. Pearson (LZ´s) middle row E. Howe from D.C. E. Smoot, and me... In the front E. Sloan from SLC (no relations to jerry) E. Sessions (lived with him in Tianguá) and E. Sanders

Good morning family!

This week was pretty good... We were able to find 13 new people to teach.. along with some new families. I am excited for that. There seems to be some good stuff goin on right now. It is weird because the blessings come in waves it seems like. There will be a stretch of people who just don´t want anything and don´t do anything, then for some reason a wave of awesome investigaters comes in. So we are getting really busy again with teaching and making sure everyone gets the time they deserve. I love it when we have a ton to do. (it helps me not think about june haha)

So we have been trying to teach an help the rest of Raimundo and Julienes family get baptized. We have just been focusing more on their dad, Ribamar. He is thinking about getting baptized in a different church so we have been trying to help him understand about the restoration and how baptism should be done in the right church with the right authority. He kinda just blew us off and said something along the lines of, I really like my church, I feel good there, and I think I will stay there.´ He had already investigated a lot of other churches and is satisfied with his so far. The last lesson we taught, (about a week ago) I just kinda pleaded with him to just investigate one more church. Just give us a shot and see how it is. He said one day he will go to our church, but didn´t really committ to anything. Last monday we did a Family home evening with them but Ribamar wasn´t there till the very end. But last night his son sent a text message to us saying that his dad will be home tomorrow (today, monday) and the he asked if we could come over again and do a Family Night with him. I think he liked what he saw. I think his heart is softening a little. People don´t usually go and invite us over for things like this, so we will see what comes out of it tonight. I am way excited though!

I gave a talk in church yesterday. They told my Saturday night that i would speak... so I didn´t have much time to prepare much, especially with a busy schedule. So I kinda just winged it haha. Before I talked I knew I should talk about the Resurrection. I ended up sumerizing the suffering and crucifixion of Christ, and then talking about the Resurrection and how that is such a huge blessing. I used our family´s experience from 2003 about Grandpa and Uncle Kevin in my talk and how I know that because Christ lives, we all will live one day together. I am greatful for the atonement, and that we will all live together if we live the gospel. I know the resurrection is real.

I got my birthday card with a letter in it from Grandma Flash. I love it! The other elders love the musical card as well. The brazilians think it is awesome ha. I do too. Tell Grandma Flash thanks.. and that I love her. I would write back, but I am out of envelopes and paper.

I hope Mindy has a great birthday on Wednesday!!! I can´t believe she is 19! It isn´t as weird when Paige or Bailey have a birthday, but when Miranda and Abby have birthdays, I just feel old. But I hope that your day is a great one. I will think of you a lot on wednesday.

I also missed Bailey and Chad´s anniversary. I remembered this week that it is at the end of march. I hope you guys had a good day. I love you, Clarks!

I remember now that you guys had been talkin about school and a job for me. I was thinkin about that this week. I think it would be good if you guys could get a start on that for me. I don´t remember what needs to be done for school, but I am sure you guys know. Just do whatever and sign me up to live wherever if it is necessary to do that right now.

Oh and Elder Eberhardt is brazilian. That is why his english isn´t too great. I will send him an email and see if I get a reply from him.

I love you guys a ton!

Love Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment