Wednesday, April 25, 2012

4.23.12

Good morning family! This week was alright. Things are getting kinda tough here. My companion really wants to be transferred or for me to get transferred. He is pretty sick of me. I am tryin to be good for him. So it was kinda a bad week because we were both not very excited cause he is all depressed and he doesn´t talk and so my mind just starts thinkin about a lot of stuff... mostly home haha. But we will see what happens. I am trying to be a good companion.

Luiz was all set to be baptized on Sunday. We went over the baptismal interview questions with him and he was very excited. We set up the interview to be on Saturday night. He was so excited and was happy. Then we went back on Saturday for the enterview and he said everything changed over the night. I guess he went and talked to his old pastor from his church and talked about how he was going to get baptized. The pastor told him that he shouldn´t because he was already baptized once and that he shouldn´t play with God. So that put a lot of doubts in his mind and he backed out. But our District Leader did an interview any way and helped him get rid of his doubts. He exlpained the whole restoration and everything again helping him understand that if Joseph Smith was a prophet then his other baptism didn´t mean anything. It helped and Luiz said he would pray again all night until he got an answer. I am very happy for him. He has a lot of faith. He is a great guy.

I have a question about dad´s work though... will we get free gas from shell now? And I got an idea from Elder Sanders for a job for me... Do you think it is possilbe for me to work in the oil fields there in texas. Elder Sanders said that you just drive around checkin meters and makin sure everything is goin good. Maybe Dad can get some connections now for somethin like that.

  And another question for Dad. My companion was telling me that he eats pine cones down there in the south of brazil. I guess there is a huge pine cone down there that they take everything off except the core... then eat the core. I laughed at him and thought that was weird haha. But then he said that they eat the same thing in Uruguay. So i wanna know if you ever ate pine cones in Uruguay on your mission?

  Mom, I am not sure about the ´why´ of the release date. I know that i was supposed to leave on June 23rd 2010, but because of visa problems i had to go to the Provo MTC and i think on the 23rd they didn´t have space for me there so it got pushed back to the 7th of july. There are about 10 or so other people that will go home on the 12th with me. So I think it is just easier to send me home with them. I hope that you all have a fantasic week.

 I love you all!! Love Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment