Tuesday, May 29, 2012

5.28.12 Will the shoes make it??

 my shoe.... i hope it can make it to the end...

me and elder smoot again at our last zone conference!
Hey guys,

The week was good. We are really focusing in on João and Pedrina. They are so dang close to getting baptized. They both know it is what they need to do. They know the church is true... They are just a little hesitent because they aren´t completely sure if they want to make the full change. Like the little things like going to church every sunday and saying no to the ocasional invite for a drink... They rarely drink, but it is just tiny things like that that they are worried about. I think their thoughts are ´do we really want to do this for the rest of our lives?´ They understand they are making a covenent with God and they want to keep it after their baptism and not go back. They are afraid of going back to their old lives after baptism. But they went to church yesterday and they had a great spiritual experience. Elders quorum was perfect for João. we studied Pres. Monson´s talk from the november ensign about dare to stand alone. it was awesome.

Things are going great down here though. I am just trying to keep my mind off home. Elder Davis helps because he just wants to work. He is helping me stay diligent, even though i sometimes really don´t want to be diligent haha. I feel bad for him because I am gettin to the end and all I talk about is going home. Sometimes he will say something like, ´i miss peanut butter.´´ and i just tell him, me too, but in 2 weeks i will eat all i want.´´ I will leave him very trunky I think haha.

But I know that the Gospel is true. I am reading Ether right now. The story of the Brother of Jared is amazing. We need to have more faith!!

I love you all very much!!

love Isaac

1 comment: