Sunday, May 6, 2012

4.30.12

hey guys,

This week got a little better. We ended up having a baptism. A couple
baptisms fell through, but I am so greatful for the one we did have.
Angeliny was baptized. She is 17. We were walking on the street about
a month of so ago and a guy stopped us on the street and said, ´hey,
go teach my daughter some day. She needs a church and some of her
friends go to your church.` so we got his address and went there. It
turns out that she hadn´t ever heard of our church haha. But she liked
everything we taught. I am glad she got baptized. We are working on
her dad now.. he is opening up a little.

Luiz is just full of miracles. We were teaching him and it seems like
this last week we weren´t making any progress. Every time we went to
visit him he said that he wont be baptized, then we would end the
lesson with him saying he is in the middle between two churches and
can´t decide. And then the next time he would always say that he won´t
be baptized. I was gettin down on him and thinkin that maybe he was a
lost hope. My companion was way ahead of me in those thoughts, but
never said anything haha. But then on Friday night, we went to teach
him and explained about the Holy Ghost and the numerous answers God
has givin him about our church. We explained that if it was right when
he prayed about our church, it is still right. We showed him a
scripture in D&C 6:22-24 and that was the turning point. After that,
he said, OK, i just have one problem now... I don´t know how long I
will be able to go to church every week there (because of age... all
those years are catchin up to him.) I explained that if it got to the
point that it was absolutely impossible for him to get to church, then
the priests can give him the sacrament in his house. He said, Ok, I
will get baptized there and nothing can change my mind!

So it was a good week.

I am not sure what I will do for school. I actually don´t care too
much where I go now. Anywhere is good.

My companion is doing better now. He talked more and more. He is just
a goofy kid haha. He just really wants a new companion. Maybe today
his prayers will be answered. Today is transfer day...

I love you all very much and thank you for all that you do for me and
for your emails.

You are the best!

Love Isaac

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your letters, Isaac. You are a wonderful missionary and a great example to your cousins and to your Uncle Mike and I. We can't wait to see you this summer.

    ReplyDelete