Monday, January 16, 2012

1.15.12 Another good week

Bom Dia!

This week was another good one. Things are getting good here in Timon. Antonio is progressing really really well. It is amazing. He is opening up more and more every lesson. He will be baptized this coming Saturday. I am way excited for him. He is such a good guy. He is someone who looks like he would never accept the Gospel. He just has a cold face and doesn´t smile very much. But since we have been talking and helping him, he is just like a blossoming flower haha. I like him a lot.

But yesterday was the highlight of the week... So it started out way bad because the investigators that we worked with all week didn´t go to church and that is always frustrating. But then we had an amazing lunch after church and Elder Cruz and I went back home to study.. (We have to study and extra hour everyday for his first 12 weeks out here) We studied about listening better and we went out after that and asked good questions to people and really worked hard to listen to them. We went and a big walk to a place in Timon that hasn´t had missionaries for a long time visit there. People there were lookin at us weird because most of them probably haven´t seen missionaries before haha. But we went there to find a guy that I contacted in the street one day in Teresina. His name is also Antonio. But he and his wife were so nice to us and invited us right in. So then Elder Cruz and I just started applying everything we have ever learned to make that lesson the best ever. And it was. The Spirit was SO strong. I know they felt it. Edna (antonios wife) was commenting at the end about how we talk differently about the Savior and that she felt something different. They are going to read the Book of Mormon and pray to know if it is true. They are a great family. And that was an awesome lesson.

So here are the answers to your questions, Mom. I don´t filter my water. I should but I don[t. We all have bottles that filter the water, but I don´t like it and i haven´t died yet or been sick so I think i am good. The group that came with Elder Cruz had 5 Brazilans, and 6 Americans. The visa problem continues, but it looks like the americans coming here to this mission are all getting it by the end of the MTC. I don´t know how it is in the rest of Brazil.

And Dad, when I speak in chruch I just write down a couple of points and then just talk. If I get stuck i look at what I wrote to remember, but I am pretty used to just goin by the spirit now ha. And I do still take worm pills. Every 6 months we take them. Sister Dias gives them to us and watches us take them to make sure we actually do. They are gross and it feels like I am eating chalk.

It is rainy here in Timon. Thursday there was a huge rain storm and yesterday rained a little but had a lot of cloud coverage. Then this morning it started raining at 5:30 and hasn´t stopped yet. I am hoping it will continue like this for a couple of weeks. It isn´t so hot with the rain. This is when the rainy season is supposed to start... and it goes till like april or may.

But I gotta get goin. I love you guys a ton. Thank you for all that you do and for the support and prayers and everything. you are the best.

Love Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment