Wednesday, January 25, 2012

1.23.12 Baptism

opa!

This week was a good one. Elder Cruz and I are progessing a ton. It is way good. I am liking being a trainer because I am sure that I am learning a lot more than he is. It is awesome.

We had our first baptism together on saturday. Antonio was baptized. He is 46 and has just had a tough life growing up. I think he never realy felt important, and he has lived in the middle of a lot of things that shouldn´t happen. But he is a great guy. After the baptism I asked him how he was feeling.. and he said, 'better'... I really liked that. The gospel really has that effect on people. Any problem, any temptation, or difficulty, the Gospel of Jesus Christ has the solution. And it makes our lives better.

We also found some elect people this week. I am way excited for them. A couple of families!!! I am just excited. Our lessons with them yesterday were just amazing. The spirit was so strong and the people were very interessed and paying attention really well. I love those kinds of lessons where the spirit just takes it away. It should be like that everytime, but unfortanatly we are human and get in the way of the spirit sometimes. But when we try to get out of the way, miracles happen... (did i spell miracles right?... if not just help me out with that spelling next week... haha)

Elder Cruz and I both bore our testimonies about the Book of Mormon at the end of a lesson and we shared how we both came to know that the book of mormon is true. When we got done, a lady said... so this book does miracles (that word again). and I just said yeah... the spirit was very very stong and I am just way excited for these people. Sometimes I just love being a missionary haha.

I am glad you guys are having a good winter. That is awesome there isn´t too much snow. I hope it stays like that forever in Idaho... Here it has been rainy. It usually rains in the morning, then stops at noon. I think the sun evaporates the clouds, if that is possible. And then when the sun starts to go down a little the clouds come back and it rains again. It is a good time of the year here. Nice and cool. I used a long sleeve shirt on Thursday because i was cold.

That is about all the news I have. I love you all. I know the gospel is true and that Jesus is our Savior. He lives.

Love Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment